Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Display Picture problem on WLM Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have Windows Live Messenger 8.0 and I'm unable to view the display pictures of other contacts - I see this instead:

I can see my own display picture but that's it. I have tried reinstalling and upgrading - did not help. Are there any fixes for this? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Could you let us no what exact version you are using, the operating system.

ReputationRep:
    I get that sometimes. After a while the display picture appears. Mess.be often has a lot of patches etc. for this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00kentt)
    Could you let us no what exact version you are using, the operating system.
    v 8.0.0812.00
    Windows XP Home Edition SP2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theArchitect)
    I get that sometimes. After a while the display picture appears. Mess.be often has a lot of patches etc. for this sort of thing.
    Where! can't find any

ReputationRep:
    Do you happen to have ZoneAlarm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayEm)
    Do you happen to have ZoneAlarm?
    Yes. I've recently installed that - but I have ran messenger without ZoneAlarm running and the display pictures still don't appear.

EDIT: My mistake - I didn't shut down ZoneAlarm properly. The display pictures appear now but they don't appear when ZA is on. How do I resolve this problem?

ReputationRep:
    I've found a solution here

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, didn't see your edit. I was gonna give you a manual fix which worked for me. I suppose you've got it sorted now.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: January 4, 2007
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.