This discussion is closed.
kailyn
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
It's only July and I am already beginning to hate UCAS! I want to do a psychology degree. I have one more year of A levels to go, I am meant to be getting top grades so theorectically I could go anywhere (not applying to oxford or cambridge though, too scary!). There are about a hundred unis who offer psych degrees, and there are 2143 degrees on offer in the UK-guess whose been spending all her free time on the UCAS site, grrrr. How on earth is anyone meant to choose?! I've been through the Guardian, Times and Telegraph's league tables, looked at teaching and research scores, am going to three open days this weekend, I have talked to people I know how have been to the unis I want to go to, and still I am left with a list of about thirty to choose from. I'm not that rich, I can't afford to go trekking all over the place checking them out!
I don't expect anyone here to have the answers but I wanted to rant about it for a while before going back to UCAS...grrgrrr
Kailyn xxx
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i applied for psychology, and the easiest way i decided on which ones to apply for is

write all the places that offer it on a piece (of couple of pieces) of paper.

decide if there are any places you really wouldnt want to go to,

then decide if there are any places you'd like to go to.

this should be a shorter list, and then you can visit these.

hope it helps

love Katy ***
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Choosing the right university for academic purposes is important. But bear in mind you will be in the city/town/village where the university is for at least 3 years. Choose a city/town/village you like, it's crucial.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
33.88%
No (525)
66.12%

Watched Threads