The Student Room Group

Edexcel English GCSE

How did everybody find your English Lit Exam Today....Never have to read a book again!!

Scroll to see replies

:s-smilie: have no clue how it went
Twas alright to be honest but there was soo much to write for that extract and not enough time

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea how it went....

I was kind of confused on the Animal Farm 2nd and 3rd question when it asked for how language is used and find another example of leadership...

What about you guys?
Language about the battle sucked a bit, but other than that it wasn't too bad
Reply 5
Was part c how was leadership of snowball shown in another part of the novel or was it just leadership shown elsewhere?
Reply 6
I did themes on both, had no ideas about the characters on my books xD
Original post by ebardoe
Was part c how was leadership of snowball shown in another part of the novel or was it just leadership shown elsewhere?

No it was just how leadership was shown overall in another section of the book... I found that quite hard:/
Original post by jessjw1109
Language about the battle sucked a bit, but other than that it wasn't too bad

The last two questions on Animal Farm sucked completely :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by studentgooner
No it was just how leadership was shown overall in another section of the book... I found that quite hard:/

I read it as snowball elsewhere so I gave such a weak answer. I would have done napoleon showing bad leadership. ( I'm sure you did fine)What did you do? Xx
The language question on Animal Farm was so hard, there were hardly any devices other than verbs and adjectives, there were no metaphors, similes etc.
I wrote far too much for the first question about Snowball's character as there was a lot to write and that wasted a lot of my time so I ended up spending less then 15 minutes on part c.
For part C i used something about Napoleon in Chapter 8.
It as so hard to manage time properly because I spent too long on part a and b then realised I had to do the to kill a mockingbird essay to. So i ended up doing part c of animal far right at the end.
Hopefully I still do well
Did anyone else do to kill a mockingbird?
I did all of the questions (both Animal Farm and OMAM). I didnt have enough time to complete c and did an introduction and one paragraph. I felt that all of the other question well well though, especially OMAM! How many marks do you link that will get?
Reply 12
Original post by Ed Jeffrey
I did all of the questions (both Animal Farm and OMAM). I didnt have enough time to complete c and did an introduction and one paragraph. I felt that all of the other question well well though, especially OMAM! How many marks do you link that will get?

Glad it went well for you. For question c I think you'll definitely get marks but examiners like an intro and conclusion even if it's short. You still have poetry to make up for something you think you lost marks on!!
Original post by ebardoe
Glad it went well for you. For question c I think you'll definitely get marks but examiners like an intro and conclusion even if it's short. You still have poetry to make up for something you think you lost marks on!!

Cheers! Yeah, I feel better with poetry so hopefully make up for it there! How did you think it went?
Original post by Crepsley8
The language question on Animal Farm was so hard, there were hardly any devices other than verbs and adjectives, there were no metaphors, similes etc.
I wrote far too much for the first question about Snowball's character as there was a lot to write and that wasted a lot of my time so I ended up spending less then 15 minutes on part c.
For part C i used something about Napoleon in Chapter 8.
It as so hard to manage time properly because I spent too long on part a and b then realised I had to do the to kill a mockingbird essay to. So i ended up doing part c of animal far right at the end.
Hopefully I still do well
Did anyone else do to kill a mockingbird?

I cHose a really bad extract for C and was stuck on what to write; I chose the bit where Squealer gives the lecture to the animals about how leadership is not easy and it's a responsibility and they could make the wrong decisions blah blah blah. Mockingbird went badly too, and to think I wanted an A* :frown:
Reply 15
Who else did the TKMB Father Question, I relay struggled on what to right about for Bob Ewell??
Original post by isabellagrace
I cHose a really bad extract for C and was stuck on what to write; I chose the bit where Squealer gives the lecture to the animals about how leadership is not easy and it's a responsibility and they could make the wrong decisions blah blah blah. Mockingbird went badly too, and to think I wanted an A* :frown:

That's a good extract, its still showing leadership skills and thats what they ask for. You could still get an A*, in past years people don't write much and still get top marks :smile:
I literally flicked through the book last 10 minutes and found a short scene where the windmill is destroyed by the humans and Napoleon is failing to lead the attack etc. But I didn't write enough.

To Kill a Mockingbird the edexcel character question was really specific, like Mrs Dubose is only in one chapter and she's a minor character, it wasn't really fair. But I still wrote quite a bit. Did you pick the character or theme question?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Ed Jeffrey
Cheers! Yeah, I feel better with poetry so hopefully make up for it there! How did you think it went?

I loved it as far as exams. Enjoyed doing it but probably did bad on part c because I just did another scene where snowball shows leadership so it wasn't a strong example. Best of luck in poetry and writers voice :smile:
Original post by ebardoe
I loved it as far as exams. Enjoyed doing it but probably did bad on part c because I just did another scene where snowball shows leadership so it wasn't a strong example. Best of luck in poetry and writers voice :smile:

Well at least you finished it! :biggrin: You'll be fine, the examiner likes some less generic points.
Good luck to you too!
How much did you guys write for each q?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending