How did you you all find the OCR English lit!?!

Watch this thread
Noonymoony
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How did you all find the OCR English lit?!?!
Vav Sartrean Po
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Just did it mate. It was super hard!!!! AIC was a easy one I thought but OMAM WTF?! A context question?! Seriously and two bs questions also. Absolutely awful!
Noonymoony
Rep:
(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
Just did it mate. It was super hard!!!! AIC was a easy one I thought but OMAM WTF?! A context question?! Seriously and two bs questions also. Absolutely awful!
good, glad I was not the only one who found it hard! We have never done a question like that in revision before!?
ameliajane21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I feel like the AIC question should've been about how was it revealing. I basically just made up a whole load of nonsense. I was sad that in OMAM I didn't get to use all of that character analysis I did
Noonymoony2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I found that soooo hard I feel like crying guys! Hope everyone found it hard! Character analysis for OMAM is impossible, so I found it hard to put in everything I needed!
Noonymoony
Rep:
(Original post by ameliajane21)
I feel like the AIC question should've been about how was it revealing. I basically just made up a whole load of nonsense. I was sad that in OMAM I didn't get to use all of that character analysis I did
I know we had done loads of analysis as well! I do avftb but I found that really hard aswell I could find any points!
Noonymoony
Rep:
(Original post by Noonymoony2)
I found that soooo hard I feel like crying guys! Hope everyone found it hard! Character analysis for OMAM is impossible, so I found it hard to put in everything I needed!
I'm sure you will have done okay, fingers crossed😁
Willnewman234
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
We did journey's end and OMAM. The OMAM question was a terrible one and the extract had almost nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Noonymoony
Rep:
(Original post by Willnewman234)
We did journey's end and OMAM. The OMAM question was a terrible one and the extract had almost nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know what you mean! I couldn't find any deep meanings?!?
Vav Sartrean Po
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The extract was dead and AIC..? Wtf fascinating? Is this examiner new or something?
Kieran3
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
What answers did people give for OMAM? I said that the workers had to refuge to the magazines to hide from the real world, the conditions were really bad due to a mix of lack of care on the employers' behalf and how the ranches were a hierarchial environment... Probably the worst exam I've had yet :'(
shazzzz
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Seriously? My entire year found it easy, mostly because our controlled assessment question was 'How does Steinbeck make use of particular settings in OMAM' and we had ALL evaluated the bunkhouse in such detail. The An Inspector Calls essay was DIFFERENT but it had pretty much the same meaning didn't it ??

We expected the grade boundaries to go up a little bc we found it easier
or maybe we missed loads of points?

for OMAM, you had to say how the white walls and the confined building represents the circumstance they are in
zzinah
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
guys seriously don't even worry about English Lit GCSE, I got an A* in this exam and I wrote a page for OMAM and 1,5 pages for Educating Rita and I didn't understand anything that was going on
ameliajane21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
The extract was dead and AIC..? Wtf fascinating? Is this examiner new or something?
I agree! I did not find it fascinating at all :////
Noonymoony
Rep:
what did you get on your coursework?
Noonymoony
Rep:
(Original post by zzinah)
guys seriously don't even worry about English Lit GCSE, I got an A* in this exam and I wrote a page for OMAM and 1,5 pages for Educating Rita and I didn't understand anything that was going on
what did you get on your coursework though?:confused::confused::confused:
Nucleotide
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I loved OMAM when I did it for GCSE. Was the question about settings based on the extract or the other question you get?
Vav Sartrean Po
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nucleotide)
I loved OMAM when I did it for GCSE. Was the question about settings based on the extract or the other question you get?
It was a context based question. How does Steinbeck vividly portray the bunkhouse for ranch owners during Calafornia?
Elephant19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
OMG I found both AVFTB and OMAM really hard!!! Thought the extract was rubbish for a view from and the question was so weird for of mice and men. I just really hope the boundaries are low!
gomc
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
inspector calls was terrible am i the only one who thinks this??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
34.07%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (42)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads