Freddie1M
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
4 (c) The ecologists analysed the relationship between the number of daffodils in flower in the whole wood and data collected from a nearby weather station for the previous year. They used the Spearman rank correlation test. The table shows their results. The ecologists concluded that a wet, cool summer produces good flowering the following spring. Do you support this conclusion? Use the data in the table to explain your answer. ......................................................................................................................................Month Climatic Factor Correlation coefficient Statistical SignficanceJULY Total Rainfall +0.65 significantAUGUST Total Rainfall +0.74 significantJULY Monthly mean temperature -0.78 significantAUGUST Monthly mean temperature -0.65 significantThis question confuses meow can there be a correlation coefficient for only 2 values? For example in July for Total Rainfall, you would have 1 value for total rainfall and 1 value for the number of daffodils the following year. If you were to plot a graph there would be only 1 point, so how can there be a correlation coefficient (gradient) of some sort?Links to question paper and mark scheme:http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JAN10.PDF
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (117)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (94)
27.25%
No (91)
26.38%
I'm not sure (43)
12.46%

Watched Threads