Aqa geography 19th may Watch

noz01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
LIKELY 8 MARKER QUESTIONS? GEOGRAPHY AQA
for water on the land, restless earth etc!!!!
please help
exams tomorrow!
TigWood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by noz01)
LIKELY 8 MARKER QUESTIONS? GEOGRAPHY AQA
for water on the land, restless earth etc!!!!
please help
exams tomorrow!
I am doing water on the land, rocks, resources and scenery and also ice on the land for this exam. For water on the land could be 'Hard and soft engineering strategies are used to manage flooding. Choose either hard engineering or soft engineering and explain why it is the better strategy' or 'Explain how the demand for water is met within the UK'. For rocks, resources and scenery could be 'Use a case study of a quarry you have studied, describe how it has been managed during extraction and restored following the extraction of resources'
You might be doing different topics though - because you said restless earth. I think you only do 3 topics.
ewra01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Water on the land: Discuss the issues which result from building dams and reservoirs (8)
Using examples from rich and poor countries describe and explain how the impacts of flooding are different. (8)

Restless Earth: Describe how the 3 P’s (predict, plan and protect) can help to reduce the effects of earthquakes (8)
Using a case study, describe the effects of a tsunami (8)
How to people respond to volcanic eruptions, use an example to support your point (8)

They said that volcanos would come up a lot.
noz01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ewra01)
Water on the land: Discuss the issues which result from building dams and reservoirs (8)
Using examples from rich and poor countries describe and explain how the impacts of flooding are different. (8)

Restless Earth: Describe how the 3 P’s (predict, plan and protect) can help to reduce the effects of earthquakes (8)
Using a case study, describe the effects of a tsunami (8)
How to people respond to volcanic eruptions, use an example to support your point (8)

They said that volcanos would come up a lot.
What would you say for the part about how people respond to eruptions?
ewra01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by noz01)
What would you say for the part about how people respond to eruptions?
search and rescue, having exclusion zones, evacuating people, compensating farmers, providing shelters, find better ways for monitoring when a volcano will erupt. If you do Mt St Helens they built a tourist centre and the Mt St Helens monument. They also looked at the damage caused.
mariachoudhury1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi I have got a gcse exam tmrw on living on land, water on land and costal zone
can you please tell me any 8 mark questions that are going to come thanks
luvlieliza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi how are you all learning your case studies and how much of them? thanks and good luck
wowthisiscool
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't even learnt about the 3P's anywhere :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.75%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%