AQA iGCSE English Literature - How did the exam go?

Watch
lw06zzk2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How did everyone find the exam? I did 'A Doll's House' for the exam.
Mackenzie.wells
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I thought the exam went very well until the end. I did A View from the Bridge and the questions were challenging, but allowed for a good response.
My only issue is that I didn't have enough time to complete the exam so i finished without a conclusion for my second essay. Do you think this will be a major problem?
I felt the poem was quite interesting compared to previous years, what do you think?
SnailSaville
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did "An Inspector Calls" and the question was easy on inequality but kinda just mumbled for a bit don't think I did a good job at all. For the second question I did "To Kill a Mockingbird" based on how Atticus is presented and about how a mockingbird is presented. Kept on thinking of the hunger games all the way through and had to keep crossing out mocking-jay. But at least that is done onto the poetry now woop.
raj1304
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did "My Grandmother" which didn't seem too bad if comparing with last years one. I also did "A Doll's House" and boy was that question on Dr Rank a god send, my teacher has been going on and on about him after predicting he may come up. There was one major problem, i may not have numbered the question in the answer. Does that mean i get no marks?
SophieeH2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by raj1304)
I did "My Grandmother" which didn't seem too bad if comparing with last years one. I also did "A Doll's House" and boy was that question on Dr Rank a god send, my teacher has been going on and on about him after predicting he may come up. There was one major problem, i may not have numbered the question in the answer. Does that mean i get no marks?
I'm sure they can't do that...either way you can't worry about it I guess. I also did that poem...for some reason I had such a block though, I'm kicking myself because literature is my best subject. I guess I should take my own advice.
sophiathefirst
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did 'The Important Of Being Earnest' and 'Of Mice And Men'
TIOBE was quite a solid question but I just went through the working class characters:/
Miss Prism
Dr.Chasuble
Lane

OMAM was slightly easier but still a hard character: Curley, I wrote more about his wife than him and his relationship with her.
He intimidates/is a bully
He keeps his hand soft for his wife for intimacy but also to hit his wife? So that it leaves no marks
She is portrayed as a possession of Curley's because she is given no name

Does anybody have any good ways to revise all 16 poems by Friday?
lw06zzk2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by sophiathefirst)
I did 'The Important Of Being Earnest' and 'Of Mice And Men'
TIOBE was quite a solid question but I just went through the working class characters:/
Miss Prism
Dr.Chasuble
Lane

OMAM was slightly easier but still a hard character: Curley, I wrote more about his wife than him and his relationship with her.
He intimidates/is a bully
He keeps his hand soft for his wife for intimacy but also to hit his wife? So that it leaves no marks
She is portrayed as a possession of Curley's because she is given no name

Does anybody have any good ways to revise all 16 poems by Friday?
I do iGCSE AQA English Literature. We only do 1 exam and coursework. We don't do Of Mice and Men. We do a completely different set of books. Although, for the coursework, Of Mice and Men and Death of a Salesman was chosen.
mxlyun
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem?
stacey_stacey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem? higher?
username2251445
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mackenzie.wells)
Hi, I thought the exam went very well until the end. I did A View from the Bridge and the questions were challenging, but allowed for a good response.
My only issue is that I didn't have enough time to complete the exam so i finished without a conclusion for my second essay. Do you think this will be a major problem?
I felt the poem was quite interesting compared to previous years, what do you think?
bro what was ur questions
UnknownUs3r
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what was the question for view from the bridge??
Planetes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone remember the question for romeo and juliet and/or the unseen poem?
Kumail2625
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UnknownUs3r)
what was the question for view from the bridge??
How are women presented in A View from the Bridge?
Kumail2625
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mxlyun)
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem?
Unseen Poetry was Lady and Fox
AVftB was How are women presented in A View from the Bridge?
soph.browne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by stacey_stacey)
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem? higher?
The unseen poem was Lady and Fox, and the question was 'What are the narrators feelings for the fox and how does the poet convey this?'

The AVFB questions were 'How are women presented in AVFB?" and then for the other one, there was a passage from the end and the question was 'How did you respond to the ending?' or something like that. Not entirely sure of the wording for the second one as I did the woman one cus it was a god send 😂
meetm99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kumail2625)
Unseen Poetry was Lady and Fox
AVftB was How are women presented in A View from the Bridge?
Thanks man
Kumail2625
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Damn you procrastinate when you don't have a phone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads