The Student Room Group

Ugly babies?

A friend of mine had a newborn son two days ago. Me and a friend both went to see the baby together. He casually told me afterwards he thought it was an ugly baby. When I questioned it, he said it didn't have the 'cute factor'.

Suffice to say, I was mortified as I find all babies adorable! I've never heard anyone call a baby ugly before. I'm thinking of slowly distancing myself from him now lol.

What do you think, have you ever looked at a baby and thought 'not cute enough' whether it's morally right or wrong?
all babies are ugly, they look like aliens
Original post by RainbowKiwi
A friend of mine had a newborn son two days ago. Me and a friend both went to see the baby together. He casually told me afterwards he thought it was an ugly baby. When I questioned it, he said it didn't have the 'cute factor'.

Suffice to say, I was mortified as I find all babies adorable! I've never heard anyone call a baby ugly before. I'm thinking of slowly distancing myself from him now lol.

What do you think, have you ever looked at a baby and thought 'not cute enough' whether it's morally right or wrong?

So someone has a different opinion than you on a meaningless thing and you want to distance yourself? lol.

I'd say ofc people will be like you and other people will be like him and 100 other categories.
Reply 3
That's not weird at all, I think a lot of new borns are pretty damn ugly, that doesn't mean we should kill it or whatever you seem to think he means.

It's not a big deal, he meant nothing by it just forget about it?

It's like saying you don't find someone pretty, it's personal opinion.
Would you say I was a cute baby?

Spoiler

Original post by TheNoobishKnight
So someone has a different opinion than you on a meaningless thing and you want to distance yourself? lol.

I'd say ofc people will be like you and other people will be like him and 100 other categories.

I was thinking of distancing myself due to other factors too. This was just the last straw lol.
Original post by Beanos
That's not weird at all, I think a lot of new borns are pretty damn ugly, that doesn't mean we should kill it or whatever you seem to think he means.

It's not a big deal, he meant nothing by it just forget about it?

It's like saying you don't find someone pretty, it's personal opinion.

You're right maybe I'm taking it a bit too seriously. Took me aback as I've never heard anyone say a baby is ugly before
Some babies are cuter than others :redface:
Original post by King Leonidas
Would you say I was a cute baby?

Spoiler

Lmao very cute indeed :biggrin:
I don't really care for children, so I'm not sure if I'm biased when I say most babies are pretty ugly, especially in the first few days and weeks, before their skin plumps out a bit. I love my niece, but when I first saw a photo of her I was worried I'd end up saying something that would upset her parents. I didn't, I kept my mouth shut and now she's months old she is very cute.

What bothers me the most about what your friend said is that he chose to say 'cute factor' rather than just 'not cute'.
Original post by sliceofcake
I don't really care for children, so I'm not sure if I'm biased when I say most babies are pretty ugly, especially in the first few days and weeks, before their skin plumps out a bit. I love my niece, but when I first saw a photo of her I was worried I'd end up saying something that would upset her parents. I didn't, I kept my mouth shut and now she's months old she is very cute.

What bothers me the most about what your friend said is that he chose to say 'cute factor' rather than just 'not cute'.

His actual words were "that baby is ugly as ****" then later "it just doesn't have that cute factor"
Most babies look like potatoes

(Cute potatoes)
I used to think all babies are cute, then Dinaa happened smh....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Babies aren't the least bit cute, that's just your gooey side coming into play. They are all disgusting, smelly, slimy annoying things
Some babies are cuter than others but I don't find them ugly or repulsive in general.
All babies are adorable. Unless they have a giant mole or skin tag... I don't see how you can call 'em ugly!
Original post by Precious Illusions
Most babies look like potatoes

(Cute potatoes)

When I said this in public I got arrested

Quick Reply

Latest