Kourtnedr97
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi i am working on D2 of my ict course, and i need some assistance on this essay style question, this is the title:

D2 Explain how the structure and design of a game can assist in maintenance and capacity for extension.
Xerx
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
You need to be more specific in regards to the course unit, but from the question I can give you a couple of tips.

I'm assuming you've developed a game or you are currently reviewing one. Within the game, look at code specifically and see what can be used in order to help structure of the code that will assist you.

One example would be green comments. Green comments play a huge role as you can provide a form of visual in relation to what each code means within various segments. For example, one procedure within the code may be used for the 'amount of lives', therefore labelling this with a green comment would provide some form of structure in which the designer of the game can use when looking for a problem interior to the game and if necessary make any alterations/extensions to the code.

Other points you can talk about is the use of modulars, naming of variables and even the formatting of the code. Just always make sure you're relating to the question within each point and you'll have an easy time.

Good luck.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
For games, and in general how to maintain and update code easily you should research Object-Oriented Programming and Object-Oriented Design.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.13%
The paper was reasonable (136)
37.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.51%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.21%

Watched Threads