The Student Room Group

Is it normal for male friends to get you to flirt/talk about sex?

He's the only male friend I have so I don't know if it's normal. What does it mean? Was he just horny or is this just normal banter between mates?

It was about 2 in the morn and he kept steering everything towards sex, flirting heavily with me. Telling me he wants to see the bad side to me. Never did this before, it was always less sexual hahaha. We whatsapp everyday just asking how the day is going. It's just recently I've started to joke a bit more with him as I feel more comfortable. Maybe that's why? I don't know

I'm sort of a dummy when it comes to men so yeah...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
He's the only male friend I have so I don't know if it's normal. What does it mean? Was he just horny or is this just normal banter between mates?

It was about 2 in the morn and he kept steering everything towards sex, flirting heavily with me. Telling me he wants to see the bad side to me. Never did this before, it was always less sexual hahaha. We whatsapp everyday just asking how the day is going. It's just recently I've started to joke a bit more with him as I feel more comfortable. Maybe that's why? I don't know

I'm sort of a dummy when it comes to men so yeah...
he deffo wants some!!:banana:
He wants to obliterate your pussy.
Reply 3
I would probably think this was kinda lame. Most guys can't handle my 'bad' side though so that's probably why I'd find it a bit cringe.

He may want you, or he may have just been horny and low on **** material.
I wouldn't talk about sex
Reply 5
I find it easier to talk about sex with male friends than female friends just cos guys are a lot more open and less scared talking about that stuff. I wouldn't ever be flirty in a sexual way with guy friends though, it would just be too weird. I think this guy probably likes you and wants to push your relationship forward a little.
Reply 6
Ignore the poster above. Do you honestly think if he really liked you he would be sexting you? If he has the guts to sext you then he also has the guts to tell you he likes you. But he DOESN'T. It's not banter. He's horny and you're the only one around
definitely trying to sext you (sexual questions in the hope of getting you in the mood... its so typical smh). i dont think he was trying have a chat about sex or bantering
No it isn't normal. Maybe if you're this guy's only female friend then it would be normal for him. But any scenario in which I've had more than 1 or 2 female friends simultaneously (and was thereby trying to pursue a relationship with only them and no others) the vast majority of female friends I am not going talk about such things with because it's just inappropriate really unless the relationship is going somewhere further than being platonic...
Reply 9
Original post by luvinit
Ignore the poster above. Do you honestly think if he really liked you he would be sexting you? If he has the guts to sext you then he also has the guts to tell you he likes you. But he DOESN'T. It's not banter. He's horny and you're the only one around

So this isn't a typical male friend thing? Why would he just start doing this suddenly? I'm wondering if me joking makes him think I'm a flirt. I thought it was just banter. Shall I ignore him next time it happens? I don't want to be someone he uses to get his jollies, I'm too innocent for that!
Original post by TorpidPhil
No it isn't normal. Maybe if you're this guy's only female friend then it would be normal for him. But any scenario in which I've had more than 1 or 2 female friends simultaneously (and was thereby trying to pursue a relationship with only them and no others) the vast majority of female friends I am not going talk about such things with because it's just inappropriate really unless the relationship is going somewhere further than being platonic...

He has other female friends but I don't know if he talks to them like this. He did tell me once that he flirts with everyone. Things got a little too sexual this time though and I was trying to laugh it off as banter, even mentioning in the convo that it's banter. But each time he kept directing the convo back to sexual innuendos. I've started joking with him lately so I'm thinking that gives him the impression that I'm ok with sexual jokes?
Possibilities

1. He likes you and wants to go out
2. He now sees you as one of the lads and men talk to each other about sex a lot.
3. he sees you as a friend but would have sex if you offered just because
definitely trying to sext you (sexual questions in the hope of getting you in the mood... its so typical smh). i dont think he was trying have a chat about sex or bantering

Typical how? I've never done sexting before and I didn't know friends can even do it? Why would he try something like this with me, he knows how innocent I am hahaha or maybe that was more reason for him to
He has other female friends but I don't know if he talks to them like this. He did tell me once that he flirts with everyone. Things got a little too sexual this time though and I was trying to laugh it off as banter, even mentioning in the convo that it's banter. But each time he kept directing the convo back to sexual innuendos. I've started joking with him lately so I'm thinking that gives him the impression that I'm ok with sexual jokes?

Yeah, it probably does. This is why I wouldn't do it though really in the first place, not so overtly and not over text anyway... It's just way too awkward.

Not interested in him then? Those sorts of endless sexual innuendos are hardly attractive though unless your very horny...

LOL at you being too innocent to be the one he gets his jollies from - you were the one who went along with the banter, dear :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Yeah, it probably does. This is why I wouldn't do it though really in the first place, not so overtly and not over text anyway... It's just way too awkward.

Not interested in him then? Those sorts of endless sexual innuendos are hardly attractive though unless your very horny...

LOL at you being too innocent to be the one he gets his jollies from - you were the one who went along with the banter, dear :wink:

Hahaha I see your point, maybe I shouldn't have just went along with it. I wouldn't have minded too much if he didn't keep on directing it back to sex constantly, I'm cool with having a joke here and there but he kept on at it. If he liked me then I'd have preferred a more romantic approach instead of full blast sexual :colondollar: thx for ur help in this!
Do you want to **** this guy?
Do you want to **** this guy?

No, I wouldn't just sleep with a guy unless I loved him. He knows this about me already
No, I wouldn't just sleep with a guy unless I loved him. He knows this about me already

Probably a bit of good old banter!
Probably a bit of good old banter!

Then why are some people saying it isn't? So confused haha. I would have preferred it to be just light banter tho, this was a little too heavy on the sex
Then why are some people saying it isn't? So confused haha. I would have preferred it to be just light banter tho, this was a little too heavy on the sex

Just tell him next time, but you've made it awkward now by playing along with it as you'll need to be more explicit now or he won't get it.

The first time he did it you could have gone along for one joke and then if he said another one said "Oh, you're in one those moods eh?" Or something like that. Not too harsh but should give him the hint that you're not really interested in those sorts of talks with him :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending