k8trees
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
just wondering what kind of preparation is everyone doing for the geography exam? Most of the questions use sources so are you still going to revise economic development section as normal?
stark12
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
just did the SDME and stupidly wrote option "c" instead of 3
do you guys think this matters
theRAV
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stark12)
just did the SDME and stupidly wrote option "c" instead of 3
do you guys think this matters
Unless the examiner is a right ****, no
theRAV
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
For the question which asked you to give an example of a secondary and tertiary work, would it matter if the example you gave was not the one in the booklet. Only worth 2 marks but would still be f****** annoying if they didnt
k8trees
Rep:
(Original post by theRAV)
For the question which asked you to give an example of a secondary and tertiary work, would it matter if the example you gave was not the one in the booklet. Only worth 2 marks but would still be f****** annoying if they didnt
Omg i literally did that exact same thingbut realised at the end so changed it and idk because at the top it said uses resources 1 and 2
username1941491
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry I read it as what do these sectors do - so I put like

Secondary: manufacturing goods for retail
Tertiary: provides a service

So you probably got the mark regardless - I completely lost both
theRAV
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by k8trees)
Omg i literally did that exact same thingbut realised at the end so changed it and idk because at the top it said uses resources 1 and 2
Yeah i wished i looked more closely but even then surely they can't mark you wrong for something that is right!
theRAV
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iamlucy)
Don't worry I read it as what do these sectors do - so I put like

Secondary: manufacturing goods for retail
Tertiary: provides a service

So you probably got the mark regardless - I completely lost both
Its only 2 marks wont matter too much
username1941491
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Its only 2 marks wont matter too much
Hmm but I don't think the rest of the paper went too well - do you know what the previous grade boundaries were?
theRAV
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iamlucy)
Hmm but I don't think the rest of the paper went too well - do you know what the previous grade boundaries were?
A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

If theyre similar to that i'll be happy
username1941491
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

Thank you!!

Personally reckon they will be lower - I think unlike previous years, the choice for the 16 marker wasn't clear cut. Usually when we have done a past paper, everyone has come out and all chosen the same, but there was a great deal of difference, so some people's points might not be strong enough for why an area is/isn't suitable (if that makes sense)
k8trees
Rep:
A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

Wait whats that out of???
k8trees
Rep:
In the 16 marker i put in an example case study (sheffield meadowhall) because people were saying it might gain you extra marks does anyone know if this is true???
TheClassicsGeek
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Did anyone think that paper was a lot tougher than last years? *pray for low grade boundaries*
zk414
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

Is the paper out of 60?? and 29 is A*
zk414
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheClassicsGeek)
Did anyone think that paper was a lot tougher than last years? *pray for low grade boundaries*
how many marks fr an A* do you think??? and do you think you did well??
username1941491
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zk414)
I know you weren't asking me - but I reckon 28 for an A* this year

And I personally think it went "meh" - final choice for 16 marker wasn't clear cut!

What about you?
_JD_
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Guys since the OCR SDME was on economic development, will the economic development case studies (eg Nike, coca-cola) come up in the key themes exam on the 3rd June? Please reply!
username1941491
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by _JD_)
Guys since the OCR SDME was on economic development, will the economic development case studies (eg Nike, coca-cola) come up in the key themes exam on the 3rd June? Please reply!
No - because that topic won't be coming up at all in the theme paper
TheClassicsGeek
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zk414)
Last year it was 29/40 for an A* so i'm hoping for low grade boundaries again this year! I thought It was ok I guess, no-one really revised because there didn't seem to be much you could do since Geography is basically common sense. Should probably do some revision for the key themes paper though...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.68%
Okay (119)
29.53%
A bit lacking (153)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
22.83%

Watched Threads