Hollie1903
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have my geography exam tomorrow and wondered what everyone thinks the 6/8 markers will be?

I'm studying the restless earth, water on the land and coasts but feel free to predict other topics to help others.

Also how is everyone revising? And how do you remember the case studies?!?
.a.r.j.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At this point I've just given up, I think I know all of the stuff but I just can't answer the questions in the way they want me to it's like they're trying to make us guess the mark scheme ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
neon_reaper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3332783

some people have made predictions there. Personally i learn the case studies by summarising them from my notes and then reciting the facts from memory every so often, so i've made a list of case studies with what i need to know about them which i keep with me, so like: 'TSUNAMI: place, year, cause, death toll, destruction (buildings), people displaced, impacts + responses'.
Hollie1903
Rep:
?
(Original post by neon_reaper)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3332783

some people have made predictions there. Personally i learn the case studies by summarising them from my notes and then reciting the facts from memory every so often, so i've made a list of case studies with what i need to know about them which i keep with me, so like: 'TSUNAMI: place, year, cause, death toll, destruction (buildings), people displaced, impacts + responses'.
Thank you! I'll have a look, didn't realise someone had already made one. And thank you, I'll see if that help me. Good luck for tomorrow
Hollie1903
Rep:
?
(Original post by .a.r.j.)
At this point I've just given up, I think I know all of the stuff but I just can't answer the questions in the way they want me to it's like they're trying to make us guess the mark scheme ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel your pain!! Just keep trying, they sometimes accept answers as long as it is similar and shows understanding. Good luck for tomorrow, just try your best!
Comeback
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't give up
.a.r.j.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm actually feeling quite confident about that now, how do you all think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
kwstudent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm actually feeling quite confident about that now, how do you all think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice paper!! Tectonics was easy part
BTW hope this links with this forum - AQA GCSE Geography today yeh?
Hollie1903
Rep:
?
(Original post by kwstudent)
Nice paper!! Tectonics was easy part
BTW hope this links with this forum - AQA GCSE Geography today yeh?
Yes it does

I found the tectonics quite easy but the coasts I found hard- might have something to do with the fact we wasn't even taught about conserving coastal habitats 😡
.a.r.j.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hollie1903)
Yes it does

I found the tectonics quite easy but the coasts I found hard- might have something to do with the fact we wasn't even taught about conserving coastal habitats 😡
Ahh cool, what's the other topic you did? I do tectonics, water on the land and ice on the land

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hollie1903
Rep:
?
I did tectonics, water on the land and coasts. How did you find the water on the land questions?
Hollie1903
Rep:
?
Also what are you doing in the human geography paper? I'm doing tourism, urbanisation and population change
.a.r.j.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone do rocks, resources and scenery?? I'm curious at how that went

Posted from TSR Mobile
kwstudent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did tectonics, water on the land and coasts. How did you find the water on the land questions?
i did the total same as u
yeah they were ok!!
There was no case study question did u notice???? or was i imagining!! as in for the coasts water on land one i thinkkk

it was a gud paper overall TBH..... coasts - for the last question - wot case study did u use?
kwstudent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also what are you doing in the human geography paper? I'm doing tourism, urbanisation and population change
yeah same as me
there the easy topics i reckon
Hollie1903
Rep:
?
i did the total same as u
yeah they were ok!!
There was no case study question did u notice???? or was i imagining!! as in for the coasts water on land one i thinkkk

it was a gud paper overall TBH..... coasts - for the last question - wot case study did u use?
I need to learn the human geography in the holidays,I'm can't remember any of it :/
Yeah you only had to learn like 3 anyway... I found the deficit and surplus one easiest. And for coasts I used studland bay, luckily I saw the page in the revision guide because we wasn't taught it. Don't think I've done very good on that question though I made it up haha wbu
kwstudent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I need to learn the human geography in the holidays,I'm can't remember any of it :/
Yeah you only had to learn like 3 anyway... I found the deficit and surplus one easiest. And for coasts I used studland bay, luckily I saw the page in the revision guide because we wasn't taught it. Don't think I've done very good on that question though I made it up haha wbu
aww - i find human easier sooooo

yeah was gud
Realy?? i cud only wirte 3 pointsf ro that 6 marker errkkk

i used Keyhaven salt marshes.....bet its wrong waaa

tectonics 8 marker was the BEST - i had literally learnt allll the facts about Mt St helens soo was soo plzd to see that
Turtlebunny
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fairly good. What did you label on the waterfall?
pixelations
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
aww - i find human easier sooooo

yeah was gud
Realy?? i cud only wirte 3 pointsf ro that 6 marker errkkk

i used Keyhaven salt marshes.....bet its wrong waaa

tectonics 8 marker was the BEST - i had literally learnt allll the facts about Mt St helens soo was soo plzd to see that
Keyhaven marshes is correct
username1969391
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Going to be easy, I will get full marks and I haven't done a single minute of revision.

don't @ me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (30)
42.86%
Take autumn exams (26)
37.14%
Look for a job (1)
1.43%
Consider an apprenticeship (2)
2.86%
Take a year out (8)
11.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed