The Student Room Group

The TSR Jewish Society (J-Soc) - thread TWO

Scroll to see replies

Rob - did you enjoy it?

Mili & Gemz - you both suck. In under 24hours I'll be there, in my bed back in J'lem. Haha you lose. :cool:
Reply 781
Have a safe trip back Helen. See you soon :hugs:
Reply 782
gemgems89
Excuseeeee me. You missed out, on my part, Australia (!!!!!), SA, Middle East and Europe. And really, you didn't get Israel, the US or the UK because you BAGSYED it which people don't use anymore. People (North or South, I'm afraid) use SHOTGUN. And you can't shotgun Hashem, sorry. And I shotgunned Avraham, Issac and Jacob first. I clearly won. :biggrin:

No actually, I shotgunned Abraham, and than Moses, and then "all the prophets really". BEFORE you shotgunned any of them lot. So there.
I INVENTED OUR VERSION OF THE GAME, I GET ISRAEL. And the UK and US.
And you can shotgun outside the universe, which includes Hashem. So ner. I say again - I is biggin it up with Hashem innit. You're jealous. I don't blame you :biggrin:
Reply 783
Yeah Helz, very clever. But I'm going to Israel this summer and I also shotgunned it, along with all Jews. So you're actually kinda under my control. Sorry about that. Oh yeah, and I claimed dictator of the universe so I could come and oust you from J-town.
I wins.

Edit: Have a good trip and enjoy yourself! I'm tres jealous, despite my newfound ownership of you and Israel.
bohemian
No actually, I shotgunned Abraham, and than Moses, and then "all the prophets really". BEFORE you shotgunned any of them lot. So there.
I INVENTED OUR VERSION OF THE GAME, I GET ISRAEL. And the UK and US.
And you can shotgun outside the universe, which includes Hashem. So ner. I say again - I is biggin it up with Hashem innit. You're jealous. I don't blame you :biggrin:

I SHOTGUNNED AVRAHAM FIRST. *ahem* From MSN:

[00:16] mili: SHOTGUN MOSES
[00:16] Gemma: SHOTGUN AVRAHAM
[00:16] mili: SHOTGUN ABRAHAM AND ALL THE PROPHETS REALLY

So really, we can never be too sure. :biggrin:

Whatevoh. I win. You smell.

Helzerel
Rob - did you enjoy it?

Mili & Gemz - you both suck. In under 24hours I'll be there, in my bed back in J'lem. Haha you lose. :cool:

Who the hell's Rob?

Hmph, love you too. Keep it warm for me, that is all.
Thanks Carl, Mili and Gemz. :smile:

and Rob is cheesecake
Reply 786
You Made That Up Gemz. I Win. I Got Moshiach And Hashem And Stuff.
Reply 787
Jeez, censoring my anger through not allowing caps lock. Damn you TSR...
Reply 788
Hey there
Hi to all

Last week I was speaking to a man with jewish faith and to be honest I was quite surprised with his political view towards Israel and Palestine. He told me that he doesn't support Israel's presence in the middle east, especially the actions of the state. He went on to explain how zionism has nothing to do with judaism and that many jewish religious figures will agree with him on this.

Just a few questions:

-Are people like this guy common in the jewish community?
-Would he be considered a traitor?
-Do all jews consider israel their home, even if they were born and raised in other countries?
-Would you ever consider a state where both pals and jews can live under and treated equally?

thanks
Helzerel
Rob - did you enjoy it?

Have a safe trip.
gerrard02
Hey there
Hi to all

Last week I was speaking to a man with jewish faith and to be honest I was quite surprised with his political view towards Israel and Palestine. He told me that he doesn't support Israel's presence in the middle east, especially the actions of the state. He went on to explain how zionism has nothing to do with judaism and that many jewish religious figures will agree with him on this.

Just a few questions:

-Are people like this guy common in the jewish community?
-Would he be considered a traitor?
-Do all jews consider israel their home, even if they were born and raised in other countries?
-Would you ever consider a state where both pals and jews can live under and treated equally?

thanks

1. If I had to guess, I'd say they made up 1-2% of Jews.
2. Most likely.
3. Depends what you mean by home. Most Jews do feel an attachment to Israel, but very few actually end up moving there.
4. No. It would lead to genocide.
Reply 791
If by the last question you are implying the right of return, the answer is no. Palestinians are treated equally in Israel. Clearly they also live there, in rather higher numbers than might be wanted in a Jewish state.
Reply 792
bohemian
If by the last question you are implying the right of return, the answer is no. Palestinians are treated equally in Israel. Clearly they also live there, in rather higher numbers than might be wanted in a Jewish state.

But doesn't the jewish state have a responsability towards them (i'm talking about the average palestine citizen, not the armed thugs), considering that they used to live there for hundreds of years and had homes in this land ?
gerrard02
But doesn't the jewish state have a responsability towards them (i'm talking about the average palestine citizen, not the armed thugs), considering that they used to live there for hundreds of years and had homes in this land ?

A million Jews used to live in the Arab world and Iran, until they were all kicked out. And most of the so-called Palestinian refugees never set foot in Israel.
Reply 794
Bismarck
A million Jews used to live in the Arab world and Iran, until they were all kicked out. And most of the so-called Palestinian refugees never set foot in Israel.

That's just because Israel never allowed them to come back any sooner.
Also, there is still a jewish community in Iran today. Some have left because of khomeini's regime, but none were forced out. The same goes in lebanon, where there used to be thousands of jews before the civil war but most of them decided to leave simply by choice (they weren't attacked or anythiing). Some of them are still in lebanon today and the lebanese state allows the right of return to all jews and their families.
There are major flaws in your argument, especially that you had just claimed that most jews haven't set a foot in israel (hence they have other nationalities), so why should they, be allowed there?
I understand that it's a jewish state but i am simply looking at things from a human rights perspective, to achieve peace. Otherwise there will never be peace, and hence the lives of both palestinians and jews will be in danger.
gerrard02
That's just because Israel never allowed them to come back any sooner.
Also, there is still a jewish community in Iran today. Some have left because of khomeini's regime, but none were forced out. The same goes in lebanon, where there used to be thousands of jews before the civil war but most of them decided to leave simply by choice (they weren't attacked or anythiing). Some of them are still in lebanon today and the lebanese state allows the right of return to all jews and their families.
There are major flaws in your argument, especially that you had just claimed that most jews haven't set a foot in israel (hence they have other nationalities), so why should they, be allowed there?
I understand that it's a jewish state but i am simply looking at things from a human rights perspective, to achieve peace. Otherwise there will never be peace, and hence the lives of both palestinians and jews will be in danger.

Rather odd how someone can be attached to a piece of land that they never set foot on. And I can assure you that many were indeed kicked out of Iran. Far more were kicked out of the Arab world.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/iranjews.html

Anyway, this is better discussed in Debate and Discussion, and not here.
There have been numerous cases where Jews are reported to be treated unfairly in Arab countries, namely Syria and Saudi Arabia (but maybe that's because they don't allow Jews to set foot in the country in the first place :rolleyes: ).

Palestinians can have their own State, they don't need to come to Israel to have a State. If they wanted a State more than they wanted Israel's destruction then they might actually not be living in poverty and crappy conditions right now. But yes, this is really for D&D. And not many people have this Jew's views about Israel. Zionism is integral to Judaism, end of.
Reply 797
gerrard02

Not reeeally, I mean, had they not voted in a bastard terrorist government ho want the destruction of Israel, I might be slightly more inclined to say yes, but unless they show some degree of willingness to support the existance of the state which they claim hates them, they can have exactly what they deserve. And they get a lot more than that anyway. The land which became Israel in 1948 had a Jewish majority. So there :smile:

Bye bye everyone, I am off to boarding school. See you in 6 weeks.
bohemian
Not reeeally, I mean, had they not voted in a bastard terrorist government ho want the destruction of Israel, I might be slightly more inclined to say yes, but unless they show some degree of willingness to support the existance of the state which they claim hates them, they can have exactly what they deserve. And they get a lot more than that anyway. The land which became Israel in 1948 had a Jewish majority. So there :smile:

Goodbye Milster. Tally ho. Toodle pip. Cheerio. Keep it real, yo.
bohemian

Don't forget to come back. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest