The Student Room Group

The TSR Jewish Society (J-Soc) - thread TWO

Scroll to see replies

awesome :biggrin:
Jonathan
:eek: are you something to do with MDA?

Judging by his avatar I'd say it's highly likely. :p:
it's all lies...

he is blatantly one of these mentalist people that tells lies to get attention...
:rofl: - you're all nuts!!

Elliot volunteered with MDA for a bit in Israel. He was a medic. That's the short story...he can obviously tell you about it far better than I can.
That's what Mossad tells its people to say. :ninja:
...and you would know??! :p:

Spoiler

Helzerel
...and you would know??! :p:

Don't be ridiculout... Bismark is american... He doesn't know anything...
Reply 987
Revenged
Don't be ridiculout... Bismark is american... He doesn't know anything...

Helzerel
:rofl: - you're all nuts!!

Elliot volunteered with MDA for a bit in Israel. He was a medic. That's the short story...he can obviously tell you about it far better than I can.

Helen is right on several accounts, 1) that I volunteered with MDA and 2) that i can tell you guys far better than she can :wink:
gemgems89
Lol alright fair enough. So what uni you at?

I'm sure you said you had an exam tomorrow (tomorrow being yesterday).

13. Final year. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. How exciting is that. I can't believe I've nearly done. And then i'm off to Israel innit!!!! It's getting so near now.. scary stuff.

I know, tsk. I need to go and revise, but.. erm... I'm ... er... tired.

Yesterday, gemgem! :smile:

Off to Israel for how long? :eek:
My ban was for making 2 posts. Post 1 for 5 warning points:

"I liked Miles/Muse. He was funny and cool and fair. "

No explanation given as to how this post was against the rules.

Post 2 for 10 warning points:

HAHAHA. FOOKIN YES! :biggrin:

PQ is the worst, most dry, boring mod ever. She probably did loads of work for the site but she bored me to death. Im glad she wont be a moany fartface anymore. :biggrin:

Reason for receiving TEN warning points = "That's not very nice".

Haha. Daveo and PQ are REallyTARDED.
Reply 991
I'm glad they aren't mods anymore :five: Let's burn some photos of them :biggrin:

BTW I'm next in London on June 9th, if anyone is up for a mini meet. Fo' sho'.
Carlus - I don't get back til a wee bit later in June...I know you're coming down then for the D&D Meet but you're gonna come down after ... some point during the summer yeh?
Then you can referee another match where I'll beat Froggus again!

Paulus - don't be so rude. Us higher forms of life have feelings you know...we're not all amphibians like you....you...you...SNAIL EATER! Go play a game with Kermit. Or talk to your cat. :p:

Alex - :rofl: :rofl:
Seeareeypee
Yesterday, gemgem! :smile:

Off to Israel for how long? :eek:

Well I'm going for my gap year! Though it ends up being around 9/10 months. :eek: I'm tres excited though. :biggrin: Flights all booked! And I'm taking a lil holiday just before my program starts which will just, totally, rock.

Carl
I'm glad they aren't mods anymore :five: Let's burn some photos of them :biggrin:

BTW I'm next in London on June 9th, if anyone is up for a mini meet. Fo' sho'.

Carl, you do realise that June 9th is a Saturday so advertising this in J-Soc is not only a criminal offense but it is severely frowned upon. :eek: Da da daaaaaaa.*faints*
Reply 994
I'll be on London on the Sunday too...
gemgems89
Well I'm going for my gap year! Though it ends up being around 9/10 months. :eek: I'm tres excited though. :biggrin: Flights all booked! And I'm taking a lil holiday just before my program starts which will just, totally, rock.

Sem?
Carl
I'll be on London on the Sunday too...

Oh well then that is acceptable, I believe. Providing it isn't a Jewish holiday or anything like that... :wink:

smellielli
Sem?

Yip. HaRova. Woooo.
Reply 997
Also known as JooSkool and Israel Young Offenders Institute.
Carl
Israel Young Offenders Institute.

:biggrin:

Seriously though, what is sem? And is it breaking the Sabbath if you meet up with friends (it's not really work, is it?)
Seeareeypee
:biggrin:

Seriously though, what is sem? And is it breaking the Sabbath if you meet up with friends (it's not really work, is it?)

Seminary. Female equivalent to yeshiva. Though you're probably still no wiser. But it's basically an institution where you learn Jewish Studies and texts, ranging from gemara, mishnah, to the actual bible, and Jewish laws. There are also various outings and trips and stuff.

It's not breaking shabbat to meet friends as long as your only method of "transport" is your legs. It's not about working, it's about not creating. Going in a car or similar is igniting a flame which is creating, and that's where the prohibition lies. So if Carl indeed came and met a member of JSoc in a part of London which wouldn't require the JSoccer to travel very far then it'd be feasible.

Quick Reply