The Student Room Group

AQA as sociology unit 2 predictions 2015?

Anyone know what is likely to come up for eduction and research methods on Thursday?

A lot of people are saying gender might come up but that's came up alot of times so would that really come up?

Also my predictions for education is class, maybe policies (but it came up in family so I'm not sure) and new rights. Anyone got similar predictions? Or anything?

Thanks!
Reply 1
My teacher has said that gender differences and that social policies might come up. Also a key thing to rememeber is just because social policies came up in unit1 doesn't mean it cant come up in unit 2!!

Also what is the new right approach towards education is that marketisation?? i get confused.

Thankyou
New right and education (which I'm currently revising) now do talk about marketisation and the post code lottery!
In comparison to families, they're not as bad. Generally they believe that there should be less control on schools and give more independence on money, spending and how the school is run. To back this up, Chubb and Moe believe that there should be parent governors where ideas are raised, discussed and considered. Similarly to this, Bartlett and Le Grande believe that Ofsted reports affect students who are mentally challenged due to the decline of school funding - these students can't really benefit from their education as the school do not have the money to bring in newer equipment to further a child's learning and is therefore hindered! There's more but this is what important points I've summarised it to :smile:
I think it's likely that policies and social class will come up! I really hope methods in context is related to pupil subcultures though!
Reply 4
Thankyou very much!!
My teacher thinks it will be Policy (hasn't come up in 5 years, also general election) New Right (high probability) Gender (appears to come up every other year) possibily social class and Marxism
Reply 6
Can someone bullet point the points they would include in gender differences please?
Reply 7
Original post by GeorgiaMitchell
My teacher thinks it will be Policy (hasn't come up in 5 years, also general election) New Right (high probability) Gender (appears to come up every other year) possibily social class and Marxism

Thankyou
Does anyone have any ideas on methods in context?
so does no one think it will be ethnicity?
Reply 10
Original post by livvmoore
Does anyone have any ideas on methods in context?

Practical issues when choosing a method or statistics
Reply 11
Original post by booksaremagic
so does no one think it will be ethnicity?

12marker is either gender or ethnicity and 20mark is social policy
Original post by yasminp
Practical issues when choosing a method or statistics

Thank you😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending