PSYA2 Exam Watch

beckyjdavey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a problem, I accidentally wrote about biological therapies for stress instead of abnormality in the 12 marker (Bz's and stuff) but evaluated drugs and stuff.. Do you think I could have picked up a few marks?
cat000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think you could because the anti-anxiety drugs are mentioned in stress and in biological therapies for abnormality

You know for the question 'outline research into daily hassles?' did you write about the nurses who kept a daily about their daily hassles etc? I'm not sure if i answered that one correctly
koeytin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cat000)
I think you could because the anti-anxiety drugs are mentioned in stress and in biological therapies for abnormality

You know for the question 'outline research into daily hassles?' did you write about the nurses who kept a daily about their daily hassles etc? I'm not sure if i answered that one correctly
For that question, I wrote the findings from Delongis et al's study! I felt like I didn't write enough for 4 marks but generally the paper was quite easy
cat000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by koeytin)
For that question, I wrote the findings from Delongis et al's study! I felt like I didn't write enough for 4 marks but generally the paper was quite easy
Oh i forgot to write about that! Same here
chamberlains
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I messed up the 6 marker on behavioural... i did biological instead and the first question got me thinking.. it took a while to get my head aroud :')
Serena_lantey
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Apart from delingis who else could you have wrote about for daily hassles? And what is the answer to the positive and disadvantage of scatter graphs ?
koeytin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Serena_lantey)
Apart from delingis who else could you have wrote about for daily hassles? And what is the answer to the positive and disadvantage of scatter graphs ?
You could've put Kanner also but I didn't learn that study personally. For advantage, I put you can see whether there is a link between 2 variables (not entirely sure about this) and for disadvantage, I put it doesn't show causal relationship and there might be a 3rd variable causing the results.
Rebeldred
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you might get away with it with your evaluation point and drugs

How can psychologists deal with ethical issues ??
I put right to withdraw and informed consent
chamberlains
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rebeldred)
you might get away with it with your evaluation point and drugs

How can psychologists deal with ethical issues ??
I put right to withdraw and informed consent
I put these two and then added in confidentiality by using no names but that's as a last minute one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebeldred
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chamberlains)
I put these two and then added in confidentiality by using no names but that's as a last minute one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I put debrief instead of informed consent
anna.lorde
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's exactly what I wrote. You should get marks because BB'z and BB'Z are both part of biological therapies, just as SIT and Hardiness training are for cognitive therapy
8u11etpr00f
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beckyjdavey)
I have a problem, I accidentally wrote about biological therapies for stress instead of abnormality in the 12 marker (Bz's and stuff) but evaluated drugs and stuff.. Do you think I could have picked up a few marks?
The same stuff still applies to those drugs i.e. fast acting, side effects, symptoms treated (not cause) etc, as long as you did all of that stuff you should get the bulk of the marks.

Also did anyone notice how that first question was designed for one purpose, to trip up people who didn't read it all. Like in every textbook illness and stress have a positive correlation, but they decide to put good health at the top of the axis instead of at the bottom to make it appear as though it was showing a negative correlation.
8u11etpr00f
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chamberlains)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put right to withdraw and debriefing
8u11etpr00f
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Serena_lantey)
I used Gervais and Kanner for daily hassles, Advantage of scatter graphs I put that it can show the extent of the relationship i.e. strong/weak. For disadvantage I put correlation doesn't mean causation.
radu69lad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Theres no problem with writing about Bb's and Bz's my teacher said it was fine. But that 12 marker was actually beautiful there was so much you could've talked about.
TBh the question that im worried about is the first one. What did you guys pick
Katehx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the question about Janet being stressed. did everyone just write about SIT ?
Katehx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya just wandering is just simply writing about SIT for the Janet application question was right??
Also for the question about understanding social change I did it last and ran out of time and wrote about commitment/consistency and role models any ideas if I'll pick up marks?
Katehx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beckyjdavey)
Yeah I'm sure you will if you talked about any anxiety, so maybe 2/3 for A01 but you could still get full marks on your A02 because drug strength and limitations are the same for both! Fingers crossed for u!
Holly_dawsonn
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone write about ECT on the 12 marker also? I did most of my description on ECT but also did drugs just incase
Katehx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is gonna sound daft but the very first question I marker the answer was C right? I couldn't stop doubting myself haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise