what do you learn in further maths and triple science?

Watch
mousy23500
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi! I was just wondering, what do you learn in further maths and triple science?
I just do higher maths and double science and was wondering what else there is to learn, maybe it would be fun to learn it and potentially get moved up?!

Could someone list all the topics you learn in further and triple (aside from the topics you learn in higher and double)
Also, are there any work books that you could recommend? thank you
thelexisquiche
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Triple science isn't a big step up, in physics the three topics are magnetism, using physics and medical physics. In chemistry there isnare just a whole bunch of random topics, such as alcohol, hydrogen, quantative chemistry, ammonia, water, esters, exothermic reactions, testing for anions and cations, and the periodic table. In biology the topics are humans and the environment, transport, exchange and homeostasis.
Further maths is pretty big step up, but managable. You learn about functions, matrices, indices, gradients, algebra, as n tends to infinity, surds and other stuff too.
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mousy23500)
Hi! I was just wondering, what do you learn in further maths and triple science?
I just do higher maths and double science and was wondering what else there is to learn, maybe it would be fun to learn it and potentially get moved up?!

Could someone list all the topics you learn in further and triple (aside from the topics you learn in higher and double)
Also, are there any work books that you could recommend? thank you
You learn more science in triple and it tends to be slightly more advanced than the content in additional science. The content starts to get a little interesting, for example we learned the absolute basics of nuclear physics, biotechnology and organic chemistry in physics, chemistry and biology respectively.

In further maths I think you learn about matrices and basic calculus, among other things.

The exact content will differ by board.
mousy23500
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
You learn more science in triple and it tends to be slightly more advanced than the content in additional science. The content starts to get a little interesting, for example we learned the absolute basics of nuclear physics, biotechnology and organic chemistry in physics, chemistry and biology respectively.

In further maths I think you learn about matrices and basic calculus, among other things.

The exact content will differ by board.
thanks What else do you learn in triple and further?
can you give me a list so I can study the different topics
my exam board is iGCSE
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mousy23500)
thanks What else do you learn in triple and further?
can you give me a list so I can study the different topics
my exam board is iGCSE
It all blurs together after a while. If you want to closely cover the typical content of triple science the best thing to do is consult the specifications to see what you should learn.

I didn't take further. I took AS maths instead so I don't know exactly what's covered.

IGCSE isn't an exam board. There are several boards that offer IGCSEs.
thelexisquiche
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thelexisquiche)
Triple science isn't a big step up, in physics the three topics are magnetism, using physics and medical physics. In chemistry there isnare just a whole bunch of random topics, such as alcohol, hydrogen, quantative chemistry, ammonia, water, esters, exothermic reactions, testing for anions and cations, and the periodic table. In biology the topics are humans and the environment, transport, exchange and homeostasis.
Further maths is pretty big step up, but managable. You learn about functions, matrices, indices, gradients, algebra, as n tends to infinity, surds and other stuff too.
Forgot to mention that these are topics from aqa triple science and level 2 i GCSE further maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed