The Student Room Group

Anyone doing Pre-U Economics Paper 1 tomorrow?

Is anyone else doing this exam tomorrow? Swear I cannot find anyone else doing the Pre-U economics on here :P

Scroll to see replies

Yeah. Hoping its all about inflation.

gg no re
Yep. hi
What did you guys think?
MC was quite hard, the data response was average, thought that R and D was a merit good so needs government intervention
What did you write for backward bending supply curve?
Original post by RabbiKaplan
What did you write for backward bending supply curve?

Found that questiona blessing tbh.

Work is inferior, leisure is normal

Initially we will sub leisure for work when we have no income, then later our income effect of leisure (normal good) will beat the sub effect.
Ah okay, nice one. What did you write for the essay data response questions?
Reply 8
Ah okay, nice one. What did you write for the essay data response questions?

Part E I basically evaluated supply side policies, so benefits/drawbacks of tax/benefit system and time lags in inputting these policies. For part D I just wrote that government intervention is needed to influence the private sector to invest in R+D, think that was the question. What did you write? I think I messed up the price discrimination question in section B though. What diagrams did you draw for section C? I just did LRAS/AD diagram.
Tbh i forgot what question C was. Question D i wrote about R&D being a merit good and discussed govt failure vs private failure. In question E i talked about different government methods to improve productivity and how successful it is.
Question D was a merit good/externalities diagram
Reply 11
What do you think paper 2 and paper 3 will be on?
Original post by Rayzor97
What do you think paper 2 and paper 3 will be on?

No way to tell
Which question in paper 3 are you guys studying?
Reply 14
Which question in paper 3 are you guys studying?

China, what about you?
MDG
China
You guys ready for tomorrow?
Reply 18
You guys ready for tomorrow?

Thought that was pretty good, did public goods, trade unions and comparative advantage. What ones did you do and how you find it?
i did the other 3, inflation, unemployment and demand curve. I thought it was tough but fair. First year I can remember without a theory of the firm question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending