The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accommodation 2015?

I really can't decide on an accommodation! I'm so indecisive and I would really appreciate other people's experiences or opinions on accommodations? I'm mainly looking at the Tannery or Leodis as I don't want to be too far away from the Uni or the City Centre :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Not a fan of either, both in unpleasent areas, I'd prefer james bailiey or devonshire and maybee lupton
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Or one of the ones on campus.
Reply 3
Original post by earthworm
Or one of the ones on campus.

I've been looking at Henry Price as well, the other on site ones are more expensive though and I'm looking for self catered :frown: There just seem to be a balance of good/bad reviews for them all really.
Why not go to leeds and walk around some of the areas that the accomodation is in lupton is nice because its in central headingly with shops pubs and resturants. What are you studying?
Reply 5
Why not go to leeds and walk around some of the areas that the accomodation is in lupton is nice because its in central headingly with shops pubs and resturants. What are you studying?

I've already been to visit and I'm still not sure! Hopefully Spanish and Italian.
Original post by daisychainx
I've already been to visit and I'm still not sure! Hopefully Spanish and Italian.

If you are doing languages I wouldn't worry about being too close to campus because you will have fewer lectures than sciences or engineering. I would look at Lupton the buses in Leeds are pretty good and run late to headingley
Reply 7
Hi,

Guys anybody here who knows about St. marks halls of residence? I have applied for ot but still not sure. It would be great if anybody share his/her experiance of staying at St. Marks. Or suggest me a good university residence

Thanks
Cheers
Original post by Trx_
Hi,

Guys anybody here who knows about St. marks halls of residence? I have applied for ot but still not sure. It would be great if anybody share his/her experiance of staying at St. Marks. Or suggest me a good university residence

Thanks
Cheers

Hmm bit of an odd call that place, great if you are an engineering student as it's near the engineering school, otherwise not a great area for crime etc. Its near the uni and some OK pubs tho.
What's the opinion on Devonshire or Henry price? Thanks!
Dev collegiate atmosphere nice flats/hall and good location lends itself to being social. Henry price on campus big flats big kitchens large no of students per flat, quite social in that respect.
Hey all,

I'm an international exchange student coming to Leeds from the United States for the fall semester, and this will be my third year of study at university. Like some others that I've seen, I'm really stuck between Devonshire and Charles Morris. I'd like to be in a catered facility with a social atmosphere, particularly one with a big interest in nightlife and sports. One thing I'm caught up on is this, will I be placed with people younger than me? I'm 20 right now, I'm actually not sure what the average age of first years is in the UK, and I'd prefer to be with people around my age.

Also, how would living in Dev affect being a part of a society/club? I'll most likely be joining the lacrosse or rugby club, would being in Charles Morris make it easier to take part in such activities?

Sorry for the lengthy post, any help is really appreciated. Thanks!
- Lucas
Either would be a good choice, could also consider oxley because it's close to the outdoor sports facilities at weetwood it's out of the city and a 40 min bus to uni/city. Dev is quite collegiate and old fashioned/traditional it's very social and used to have its own sports teams, not sure if that's still true it's a 20-15 min walk to campus, but near the main student area of Headingly. Cm on campus and close to the indoor sports centre.
Either would be a good choice, could also consider oxley because it's close to the outdoor sports facilities at weetwood it's out of the city and a 40 min bus to uni/city. Dev is quite collegiate and old fashioned/traditional it's very social and used to have its own sports teams, not sure if that's still true it's a 20-15 min walk to campus, but near the main student area of Headingly. Cm on campus and close to the indoor sports centre.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I submitted for CM, but I may go back and change it once I get some more info.
Original post by lwkramer413
Awesome, thanks for the help. I submitted for CM, but I may go back and change it once I get some more info.

Oxley not great for nightlife...
Oxley not great for nightlife...

I've heard that as well, plus a 40 min. bus ride to class is quite the commute for me. Feel like I'd have the best of both worlds with either Dev or CM. Also heard that it's easier to meet people right away in CM due to the layout of the rooms.
Original post by lwkramer413
I've heard that as well, plus a 40 min. bus ride to class is quite the commute for me. Feel like I'd have the best of both worlds with either Dev or CM. Also heard that it's easier to meet people right away in CM due to the layout of the rooms.

Hmm maybe, the dev is vary social though and as a American I think you might enjoy the quint nature. I used to sneak in to play snooker there.
I know I'm late applying and have missed the deadline, which means I can't apply to what seem to be the better accommodations. It looks as though the two best ones for me which are left are Montague Burton and Lupton. Does anyone know anything about either of these and which one might be better. I would prefer to be at a more sociable place. I know Montague Burton is closer to the campus and to the city centre which might be an advantage (I don't know!). Also Lupton is in Headingley and as I don't know the area at all, what is it like here? Do a lot of students go out there at night etc or is it mainly to the city centre?
Sorry for the long post! If anyone sees this please get back to me as I need to apply within the next few daysThanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest