University Dilemna Watch

Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Let me begin by explaining my situation:

I'm a seventeen year old currently residing in Mauritius (a small island in the Indian Ocean), we've got an academic year that begins in January and ends in December. I want to study undergraduate maths at Cambridge or Warwick.

I've currently just started my lower sixth year in January 2015 and am midway through my first year of the IBDP course. However, I have grown bored of the course due to my self-teaching that I did over the holidays where I self-taught myself most of the A-level maths and further maths modules as well as the IBDP course.

If I were to follow the typical academic system in my country, I would create a UCAS application next year and apply for entry in 2017, where I'll be 19. This is the norm in my country. However, I really do not want this!

I want to switch from IB to A-levels and apply for entry in 2016. That is, submit my UCAS application by October 2015 (Cambridge demands this, AFAIK) and hopefully gain an offer for entry in 2016.

I then plan on sitting my CIE A-Level Maths and Further Maths exams in November of 2015, with results that are issued in February of 2016. However, I fear that I will not be given an offer as I have no formal qualifications excepting my CIE IGCSE results and a STEP I (Cambridge and Warwick Maths entrance exam) grade that I will receive in August 2015. I am sure that I can also acquire high predicted grades from my teachers if I contact my school.

My CIE IGCSE results are as follows: 8 subjects, 7 A*'s and 1 A as well as a distinction in ICE.

I really want to apply for entry in 2016. Can anybody advise me on what do to, thanks!

P.S: I'd have loved to apply for entry in 2015, but I think I've missed my chance to do so!

Edit: Any other A-Levels that may be required will be sat in May 2016, this could be either Physics or Economics.
Brubeckian
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Honestly, you're unlikely to get a reliable answer from here. Contact Cambrdige/Warwick and ask them directly, they'll be able to give you a proper answer.
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Brubeckian)
Honestly, you're unlikely to get a reliable answer from here. Contact Cambrdige/Warwick and ask them directly, they'll be able to give you a proper answer.
I've sent them both emails last Friday, waiting for a reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (142)
21.16%
The paper was reasonable (327)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.78%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise