AS OCR history A unit F961- Pitt to Peel

Watch this thread
phoebecushion
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is anyone sitting this exam on Wednesday? Do you have any predictions about what the questions will be?
millieengland
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
yes i am.
do you know anything about pitt and trade? are we supposed to know this?
phoebecushion
Rep:
(Original post by millieengland)
yes i am.
do you know anything about pitt and trade? are we supposed to know this?
Yeah: he made the Eden treaty with France in 1786 which was a reciprocal trade agreement that reduced the tariff on British exports to France by 10-15% which was the first step towards freer trade ( this treaty didn't last because of the war with France 1793)
Pitt also introduced the navigation acts in 1786 which protected British shipping from foreign competition
millieengland
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by phoebecushion)
Yeah: he made the Eden treaty with France in 1786 which was a reciprocal trade agreement that reduced the tariff on British exports to France by 10-15% which was the first step towards freer trade ( this treaty didn't last because of the war with France 1793)
Pitt also introduced the navigation acts in 1786 which protected British shipping from foreign competition

thanks! when would we need this for an answer?
if it said how successful was pitt or something?
phoebecushion
Rep:
That's okay, and maybe if the question was to do with did he bring about a national revival? Or his policies or something , and you could use these points to say he wasn't successful because Eden treaty relapsed in 1793 because of the war with France x
millieengland
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
That's okay, and maybe if the question was to do with did he bring about a national revival? Or his policies or something , and you could use these points to say he wasn't successful because Eden treaty relapsed in 1793 because of the war with France x
thanks so much!!! is this the only thing that you've remembered for trade for pitt?
also what questions do you think could come up? X
phoebecushion
Rep:
thanks so much!!! is this the only thing that you've remembered for trade for pitt?
also what questions do you think could come up? X
That's okay haha and yeah only those two points , and I think Liverpool probably won't come up because there was two Liverpool questions last year which is so annoying cos he's the easiest! I'm so scared for the exam x
millieengland
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
That's okay haha and yeah only those two points , and I think Liverpool probably won't come up because there was two Liverpool questions last year which is so annoying cos he's the easiest! I'm so scared for the exam x

thanks! yeah same!!!! im worried because it could go either way .. it depends on the questions

do we need to know anything about why the corn laws were repealed or why the tories lost power in 1830? because i didn't think that this was on the syllabus but just checking x
phoebecushion
Rep:
thanks! yeah same!!!! im worried because it could go either way .. it depends on the questions

do we need to know anything about why the corn laws were repealed or why the tories lost power in 1830? because i didn't think that this was on the syllabus but just checking x
Omg I hate peel I'm not sure if we need to know but I learnt anyway that the reasons could've been: response to Irish famine ( but this was actually occasion rather than reason, peel used this as an excuse), because of the ACLL, because of the success of the free trade budgets and to protect aristocratic rule because if the elite keep supporting CLs they'll alientate voters and lose power and I'm not I don't think we need to know why Tories lost power 1830 but I think it's cos Wellington divided the party x
millieengland
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Omg I hate peel I'm not sure if we need to know but I learnt anyway that the reasons could've been: response to Irish famine ( but this was actually occasion rather than reason, peel used this as an excuse), because of the ACLL, because of the success of the free trade budgets and to protect aristocratic rule because if the elite keep supporting CLs they'll alientate voters and lose power and I'm not I don't think we need to know why Tories lost power 1830 but I think it's cos Wellington divided the party x
ok thanks

im just doing a practise essay on peel being successful do you know why it was bad that the companies act didn't include the railways? thanks ! x
phoebecushion
Rep:
ok thanks

im just doing a practise essay on peel being successful do you know why it was bad that the companies act didn't include the railways? thanks ! x
erm all I know for companies act is that it was meant to increase business confidence amongst investors because all business had to publish annual prospectuses and be registered because before the companies could have been fake and investors lost money but the act didn't really have an effect, I'm not sure about railways sorry x
phoebecushion
Rep:
ok thanks

Do you know anything about pitt and him being a wartime leader? Do you think we have to know that? X
millieengland
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Do you know anything about pitt and him being a wartime leader? Do you think we have to know that? X

thanks anyway!

i dont think so my teacher has never mentioned it and i dont think that its in the syllabus x
phoebecushion
Rep:
Okay good cos I know nothing about it haha, what text book did you use? X
millieengland
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Okay good cos I know nothing about it haha, what text book did you use? X
my teacher just gave us typed out notes
wbu x
phoebecushion
Rep:
my teacher just gave us typed out notes
wbu x
We had some horrible one with loads of irrelevant stuff in and worded really difficult to understand X
Oiseaux
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Do you guys have any last-minute tips for essay writing?
phoebecushion
Rep:
Sorry just seen this how did you find the exam? X
sophiehiled
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sorry just seen this how did you find the exam? X

Same !

I thought the first 2 questions were good but I'm a little bit worried
Because the second question said did the policies deserve to be called liberal and I talked about the Motivation for them not being liberal not if the policy was liberal ... Do u think this is ok?

How was yours? X
phoebecushion
Rep:
(Original post by sophiehiled)
Same !

I thought the first 2 questions were good but I'm a little bit worried
Because the second question said did the policies deserve to be called liberal and I talked about the Motivation for them not being liberal not if the policy was liberal ... Do u think this is ok?

How was yours? X
Same I did that! Do you mean like whether the tory gov was liberal rather than policies? Cos I did that too , I think it'll be okay hopefully x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads