The Student Room Group

Is this the behaviour of a "loose woman"?

So I've been working in this new job for about four months now. And one of my colleagues is a woman in her early forties. She's married and has two kids, and she's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

The thing is though, there's this other guy who she seems pretty close to, who is also married and has kids, more or less ten years older than her. They've both been here for about five or six years so naturally they know each other very well, but they're always really touchy feely with each other. I have her on Facebook and there's pictures of the two of them together when they're out for a drink with other members of staff, hugging, kissing on the lips, her touching him on the chest or on his back, loads of stuff. I even went out with work staff the other week, and at one point he was sat a chair, and she was sat on the arm of it with her legs over his, and he was sort of clasping her two arms, as if to "hold" her.

Weirdly she does stuff like this even when her husband's there. She also says stuff like "oh, I'm in love with him", and she seems to pass this off in a jovial manner, but I'm not sure.

They always speak on Facebook and say stuff like "I love you" and "you're beautiful. And this guy's not the only person she acts like this towards. There's also other pictures of her kissing guys on the cheeks and lips, and touching them on the arm or wherever in pictures.

But then she's always talking about what she gets up to with her husband and kids, her plans for holidays, how she loves spending time with them, that kind of thing, so she's obviously a bit of a family woman, so I don't get this behaviour.

Now I know what you're thinking. This is none of my business, and why should I care? And you're right. But I've seen families very close to me destroyed by cheating after years of marriage, and . Also, as I said she's actually a really lovely person (to me anyway), and I'd hate to have my view of a genuinely nice woman tainted by something like this.

TL;DR version - Married woman at work is very flirty with other guys, especially one who she seems very "friendly" with. Is she a loose woman?
Oh well, let her live her life and remember it takes 2 to cheat.
She might just be flirtatious? I don't see how this would make her a "loose" woman. What even is a loose woman?
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been working in this new job for about four months now. And one of my colleagues is a woman in her early forties. She's married and has two kids, and she's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

The thing is though, there's this other guy who she seems pretty close to, who is also married and has kids, more or less ten years older than her. They've both been here for about five or six years so naturally they know each other very well, but they're always really touchy feely with each other. I have her on Facebook and there's pictures of the two of them together when they're out for a drink with other members of staff, hugging, kissing on the lips, her touching him on the chest or on his back, loads of stuff. I even went out with work staff the other week, and at one point he was sat a chair, and she was sat on the arm of it with her legs over his, and he was sort of clasping her two arms, as if to "hold" her.

Weirdly she does stuff like this even when her husband's there. She also says stuff like "oh, I'm in love with him", and she seems to pass this off in a jovial manner, but I'm not sure.

They always speak on Facebook and say stuff like "I love you" and "you're beautiful. And this guy's not the only person she acts like this towards. There's also other pictures of her kissing guys on the cheeks and lips, and touching them on the arm or wherever in pictures.

But then she's always talking about what she gets up to with her husband and kids, her plans for holidays, how she loves spending time with them, that kind of thing, so she's obviously a bit of a family woman, so I don't get this behaviour.

Now I know what you're thinking. This is none of my business, and why should I care? And you're right. But I've seen families very close to me destroyed by cheating after years of marriage, and . Also, as I said she's actually a really lovely person (to me anyway), and I'd hate to have my view of a genuinely nice woman tainted by something like this.

TL;DR version - Married woman at work is very flirty with other guys, especially one who she seems very "friendly" with. Is she a loose woman?

yeah
Reply 4
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Oh well, let her live her life and remember it takes 2 to cheat.

Absolutely. But I don't know the other guy as well as I know her, because I work a different shift pattern to him.
Original post by laylarose
What even is a loose woman?

Probably a woman without a leash. In a civilized society, women should be kept on leashes. That's clearly why the OP is upset, this woman has clearly escaped from her leash or her husband forgot to apply it.

Damn foreign made leashes.

VOTE UKIP.
Absolutely. But I don't know the other guy as well as I know her, because I work a different shift pattern to him.

You won't ever be able to stop them cheating on their partners no matter how well you know them because cheating will happen regardless of any obstacles in the way.
Reply 7
r/cuckhold
Reply 8
Original post by Hippysnake
Probably a woman without a leash. In a civilized society, women should be kept on leashes. That's clearly why the OP is upset, this woman has clearly escaped from her leash or her husband forgot to apply it.

VOTE UKIP.

Spot on pal. Thinking that it's wrong for a woman to cheat on her husband (of fifteen years, who she has two kids with) is definitely misogynistic. That's me sussed.

I bet when you get married, you'll practically beg for your wife to cuckold you. You feminist, you!

What's your opinion on men who cheat on their wives?
Spot on pal. Thinking that it's wrong for a woman to cheat on her husband (of fifteen years, who she has two kids with) is definitely misogynistic. That's me sussed.

I bet when you get married, you'll practically beg for your wife to cuckold you. You feminist, you!

What's your opinion on men who cheat on their wives?

They're feminist NAZI PIGS.

VOTE MUDKIP.
They're feminist NAZI PIGS.

VOTE MUDKIP.

You don't genuinely believe that condemning adultery and holding right wing beliefs aren't mutually exclusive, do you?

I hope it never happens to you.
You don't genuinely believe that condemning adultery and holding right wing beliefs aren't mutually exclusive, do you?

I hope it never happens to you.

mutually exclusive? what r that mean?

vote ukeep.

VOTE UKIP.

Those goddamn stray women.
Reply 13
Why do you care?

Chill out with the moral policing. None of your business if she's cheating on her husband or just overly flirtatious, it doesn't affect you in any way.
one of the two major reasons i don't wanna get married lol.

Just treat them all as sex toys, life is much better that way

VOTE UKIP.

hope you were being sarcastic there mate (its hard to tell when its text)

cheaters are all scumbags that don't deserve their partners, regardless of the sex of the cheater.

that said as bad as this woman's flirting is if it doesn't go beyond that and the husband is cool with it then probally best not to rock the boat.

That said its hard for me to picture someone being that flirty and not hooking up with someone! but maybe that's just a lack of imagination on my part and its actually spicing up the couples love lives??

anyway that's my 2c
2c 2late?
Original post by SirRobBoi
hope you were being sarcastic there mate (its hard to tell when its text)

cheaters are all scumbags that don't deserve their partners, regardless of the sex of the cheater.

that said as bad as this woman's flirting is if it doesn't go beyond that and the husband is cool with it then probally best not to rock the boat.

That said its hard for me to picture someone being that flirty and not hooking up with someone! but maybe that's just a lack of imagination on my part and its actually spicing up the couples love lives??

anyway that's my 2c

This thread is 4 years old.
That said, it sounds like the wife was in the habit of doing constant flirting with another man and allowing a lot of intimate contact with her husband present and coworkers watching.
That suggests to me that she was either in an open marriage and didn't see a need to be discrete.
Or else she was trying to make her husband angry/jealous to force a negative reaction before an audience and he either didn't care or wasn't willing to give her the satisfaction of any reaction. .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending