Could you ever take a life...?

Watch
Soldieroffortune
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hypothetically speaking could you ever justify taking another life, do justify your choice though as i'm assuming there arent very many sociopaths here who could/would just shoot a stranger.
Best of Luck
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know if I could or not, but I think too much emphasis is put on the value of a human life.
Soldieroffortune
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Best of Luck)
I don't know if I could or not, but I think too much emphasis is put on the value of a human life.
It is a strange one that isn't it, someone who say tries to blow up a public bus is allowed to live and only see's jail despite him/her having tried to end as many lives as possible yet theres is still held in regard...
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I could spend all day kicking stools out from underneath certain people.
sadly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Soldieroffortune)
Hypothetically speaking could you ever justify taking another life, do justify your choice though as i'm assuming there arent very many sociopaths here who could/would just shoot a stranger.
Yes, only in the name of self defence/ protecting loved ones I would still hate the fact that I did it and I'm sure it would haunt me for life
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeh I could - I would do it if it was protecting others from that person, and I would also be happy to be the one to flick the switch, or put the needle in, in capital punishment.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Soldieroffortune)
Yes.

The majority of humans still contain the predatory instincts within them. If they had to kill to survive or protect/avenge those they have an emotional attachment to then the majority of people could find it within them. Modern life and justice systems ect.. do negate the need somewhat though.
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No. I'd rather die myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TorpidPhil
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definitely. I intend to join the police and while I don't intend to take anyone's life in that role and in the UK you very very rarely need to, even in the damn SWAT, I could do it if necessary for the 'greater good'.
College_Dropout
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I follow the code of Harry, people who have watched Dexter will understand..
katiiiiie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by College_Dropout)
I follow the code of Harry, people who have watched Dexter will understand..
The code of Harry and Dr. Vogel
Bustamove
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, If that person was about to kill me or my family or any other human being, yes I would kill that person to prevent harm on me or others. I wouldn't like to and I'd only use violence when necessary, but lets say I have a gun and a guy who wants to kill me has a gun and we come face to face and he's about to draw that weapon on me, I would try and pull that trigger as fast as I can.

When it comes to animals, I will only kill a animal if I have to.
e.g. If I am stranded on a island or something, then I will hunt. I will capture the animal and kill at as quickly and as painlessly as I can. I would make sure it doesn't see the blade or weapon before I kill it.
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd rather kill than let scum thrive.
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Under normal circumstances, no way.

But almost certainly to protect someone else, if there was no other way to help them.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Under the right circumstances
College_Dropout
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katiiiiie)
The code of Harry and Dr. Vogel
How did i forget her! Its been a long time, what a great show apart from the not so amazing ending.
capitalismstinks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, all convicted murderers, rapists and serious violent offenders should be executed. Such a job helps society.

I remember reading about an executioner in Saudi Arabia. He loved his job.

Killing insects would be more difficult than killing convicted murderers.
Protégé
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by capitalismstinks)
Yes, all convicted murderers, rapists and serious violent offenders should be executed. Such a job helps society.

I remember reading about an executioner in Saudi Arabia. He loved his job.
I don't mind the death penalty but there's always a chance of an innocent getting killed so I oppose it.
capitalismstinks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Protégé)
I don't mind the death penalty but there's always a chance of an innocent getting killed so I oppose it.
Yes, but no systems are perfect. Including the system of anti capital punishment.

Released serious violent offenders are responsible for thousands of crimes every year, including murder and rape.
Protégé
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by capitalismstinks)
Yes, but no systems are perfect. Including the system of anti capital punishment.

Released serious violent offenders are responsible for thousands of crimes every year, including murder and rape.
Agreed. I'm not sure how much of an emphasis prison puts on rehabilitation but I think that more of an emphasis on that can make positive changes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (13)
20.97%
I'm not sure (2)
3.23%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
29.03%
I have already dropped out (3)
4.84%
I'm not a current university student (26)
41.94%

Watched Threads