Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heyyy

Anyone doing law unit1 ? anyone know what it is likely to come up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerie123)
    heyyy

Hey, police powers tend to come up every year and legal profession, sentencing, young offenders, appeals and pre trial procedures (bail, mode of trial etc) are also common in several past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerie123)
    heyyy

If you're doing OCR then this thread should help! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3170021

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing AQA then statutory instruments might come up.

ReputationRep:
    Doing unit 1 tomorrow, here's what my teacher thought was likely to come up:

Parliamentary supremacy + limitations
    House of Commons PLM plus supremacy
    Advantages or disadvantages of Parliamentary Law Making (not both)
    Judicial control (Parliamentary came up last year)
    Tribunals (though I hope not, I hate them)
    A scenario question with either arbitration or mediation

Not comprehensive, and quite possibly all wrong, but those are our predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Doing unit 1 tomorrow, here's what my teacher thought was likely to come up:

Parliamentary supremacy + limitations
    House of Commons PLM plus supremacy
    Advantages or disadvantages of Parliamentary Law Making (not both)
    Judicial control (Parliamentary came up last year)
    Tribunals (though I hope not, I hate them)
    A scenario question with either arbitration or mediation

Not comprehensive, and quite possibly all wrong, but those are our predictions.
    Never seen a scenario question with arbitration? What do tou mean by House of Commons plm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Never seen a scenario question with arbitration? What do tou mean by House of Commons plm?
    PLM = Parliamentary Law Making, i.e. the lawmaking process (bill) in the House of Commons.

ReputationRep:
    PLM = Parliamentary Law Making, i.e. the lawmaking process (bill) in the House of Commons.
    Or if it said in House of Commons would I mention lords amendments?

ReputationRep:
    Or if it said in House of Commons would I mention lords amendments?
    As in the one year rule? Yes. Also how financial bills can only start there, the committee stage has ~16 MPs as opposed to the entire House of Lords, etc.

ReputationRep:
    As in the one year rule? Yes. Also how financial bills can only start there, the committee stage has ~16 MPs as opposed to the entire House of Lords, etc.
    Ok do you think they will ask us a specific question on a influence of parliament e.g. Media because I've only learned law commission and pressure groups

ReputationRep:
    Ok do you think they will ask us a specific question on a influence of parliament e.g. Media because I've only learned law commission and pressure groups
    Learn all three - political parties are technically on the spec but have never come up before. I think Law Commission will be the one to come up this time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 13 and resitting Unit 1 since I got an A in Unit 2 and a D in Unit 1 last year. I'm fine with Delegated Legislation + Civil Courts and ADR but Parliamentary Law Making is just not setting into my mind. I find this particular topic so boring it's off-putting for me.

ReputationRep:
    Learn all three - political parties are technically on the spec but have never come up before. I think Law Commission will be the one to come up this time.
    Ok and I personally don't think they is enuf info to write about political parties.

ReputationRep:
    Ok and I personally don't think they is enuf info to write about political parties.
    Neither does my class - they've never done a question on it before.

If they do, talk about the main parties and the role of the Opposition. Perhaps link pressure groups in with lobbying.

ReputationRep:
    Neither does my class - they've never done a question on it before.

If they do, talk about the main parties and the role of the Opposition. Perhaps link pressure groups in with lobbying.
    Ok, I am nervous media will come up it usually says pick an influence hope aqa are nice haha you doing ADR?

ReputationRep:
    When can you appeal to Court of Appeal and Supreme Court? (Criminal Court and Lay People)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am nervous media will come up it usually says pick an influence hope aqa are nice haha you doing ADR?
    Doing Parliamentary Law Making, Civil Courts + ADR, and Delegated Legislation.

ReputationRep:
    Doing Parliamentary Law Making, Civil Courts + ADR, and Delegated Legislation.
    Kk

ReputationRep:
    Kk
    You?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys you'll probably get to pick an influence like last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 4, 2015
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.