autumn.martha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone knew about any British uni courses, where I could study French, Japanese, and Korean? So far, I only seem to be able to find French and Japanese, or French and Korean, but not all three languages. Also, most unis only seem to offer three languages to those who have studied two languages at A level. So, if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
Don't you think it would be too difficult learning Japanese and Korean (presumably ab initio) simultaneously? I can't think of any university which offers a degree in these three languages.
sophia5892
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by autumn.martha)
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone knew about any British uni courses, where I could study French, Japanese, and Korean? So far, I only seem to be able to find French and Japanese, or French and Korean, but not all three languages. Also, most unis only seem to offer three languages to those who have studied two languages at A level. So, if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated!
I don't think that's likely. When i was looking for German, Italian and Japanese for 2010 entry there were only 3 unis offering 3 langs with Japanese (the third offering French, German and Japanese which is what I did). And all unis I looked at would only allow one beginner's language.

Korean is even less widely taught - as far as I'm aware you can only do Korean at UCLan, Sheffield or SOAS. And none of those offer 3 language degrees.

It looks like you could do Korean and Japanese ab-initio at UCLan and SOAS. Sheffield do Korean with Japanese, both ab-initio.

So I think you're likely to have to pick 2 of them! Although it could be worth looking at outside options to learn languages. Newcastle (where I study) offer a Languages for All programme where you can do languages for extra credit and they have summer school exchanges in Hong Kong and Korea where you learn the language. So it might be possible to do a 2 language degree somewhere and do your third language on the side.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (26)
27.37%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.47%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.53%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.26%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.11%

Watched Threads