The Student Room Group

I weaken for guys with accents

Any European accent has me going...
Irish, Greek, Italian
It's like I lose common sense over them Is anyone else like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I doubt there's a person alive who doesn't have some sort of preference accent wise.
Reply 2
Meh... voice>accent

Unless the accent is ridiculously funny/weird, I don't care much for it...
Original post by Dheorl
I doubt there's a person alive who doesn't have some sort of preference accent wise.

Well it seems as though I'm an exception to that statement! :pierre:
I think...
Reply 4
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Well it seems as though I'm an exception to that statement! :pierre:
I think...

There's not a single accent on the planet that makes you either at least think "hmm, not bad" or "hmm, maybe not"?
Reply 5
I didn't think I had a preference but I love my boyfriend's accent mmm lol
Reply 6
Accents are like Marmite.

Some I find lovely and others I just can't stand...
Original post by SiminaM
Meh... voice>accent

Unless the accent is ridiculously funny/weird, I don't care much for it...

Agreed :laugh: husky and deep, just the way I like it. :sexface:
Original post by Dheorl
There's not a single accent on the planet that makes you either at least think "hmm, not bad" or "hmm, maybe not"?

I don't really get those thoughts, particularly towards accents. :smile:

I suppose there are accents that I find slightly strange, but I'm not at all attracted to any individual accents. :h:
Reply 9
I don't really get those thoughts, particularly towards accents. :smile:

I suppose there are accents that I find slightly strange, but I'm not at all attracted to any individual accents. :h:

"I don't really get those thoughts"? I guess I didn't account for asexuals in my statement, my bad.
Original post by Dheorl
"I don't really get those thoughts"? I guess I didn't account for asexuals in my statement, my bad.

Ohhh, you know what I mean! :angry:

Quite obviously I am attracted to people, however, I don't take their accents into account as long as it's bearable.
Reply 11
Ohhh, you know what I mean! :angry:

Quite obviously I am attracted to people, however, I don't take their accents into account as long as it's bearable.

I genuinely don't get what you mean.

Are you honestly saying that hearing this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M and this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNOFdP7OYyQ (for example) and based on nothing else not form a preference of one or the other?
Original post by Dheorl
I genuinely don't get what you mean.

Are you honestly saying that hearing this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M and this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNOFdP7OYyQ (for example) and based on nothing else not form a preference of one or the other?

I'm not saying that.

You seem to have disregarded me stating that as long as the accent is "bearable" I wouldn't have a preference of one accent over the other. The man in the first video's accent, personally, didn't sound at all "bearable".

In such a scenario where accents were bearable, personality would surely be of more importance as opposed to accent.
Reply 13
I'm not saying that.

You seem to have disregarded me stating that as long as the accent is "bearable" I wouldn't have a preference of one accent over the other. The man in the first video's accent, personally, didn't sound at all "bearable".

In such a scenario where accents were bearable, personality would surely be of more importance as opposed to accent.

So seeing as some accents would be a turn off you therefore have a preference accent wise, which as far as I can see doesn't contradict my initial statement at all. Of course personality is going to be more important. I'd say that's more important than anything else, but that doesn't mean that accents don't have an effect somewhere down the rankings so to speak.
I'm Croatian and coming to the UK to study. And I've always loved girls with any sort of British accent. Lucky me, eh?
Reply 15
French *drools*.
Original post by RosieJuneT
Omg same! But i love Indian and middle eastern accents !

lol I find them so funny.

&Technically we all have accents :erm:
Original post by Dheorl
So seeing as some accents would be a turn off you therefore have a preference accent wise, which as far as I can see doesn't contradict my initial statement at all. Of course personality is going to be more important. I'd say that's more important than anything else, but that doesn't mean that accents don't have an effect somewhere down the rankings so to speak.

I don't recall saying that accents did not have an effect. Also, using that first video wasn't the best depiction of that accent either.

Why? Well first of all, what the first man was talking about made me frown upon him slightly, which I'd rather not discuss, and how he presented himself was also nothing to be fond of. The second video showed the man to be much more educated, well mannered and responsible and so, regardless of accent, I most probably would have favoured him.

Settling this would involve a single person speaking with a wide range of accents so other factors wouldn't have affected my impression towards the accent. Regardless, I'm still firm in my belief that I wouldn't prefer one accent to another.
once we had a dance teacher come from a broad and his Spanish accent was just ahhhh, but some words he couldn't say, like for circle he would say cycle haha
Original post by RosieJuneT
Omg same! But i love Indian and middle eastern accents !

Indian rofl.

Original post by thecatwithnohat
Agreed :laugh: husky and deep, just the way I like it. :sexface:

Yessss!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending