How did drama AQA GCSE 2015 written exam go?

Watch
thehighlighter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How did it go? DO you think the grade boundaries would be lower?????????
elliep123456789
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think they will be lower because it was so hard!

Did anyone else answer Section C on two different scenes? How many marks do you lose for this?
LuLu<3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Section A was really good as I pretty
much learnt that off by heart before the exam and finished that in like 35 minutes but Section C was harder than last years (my teacher even said so) so we could get lower grade boundaries than last year. I didn't like how if specifically said 'thee moments' which was a bit restricting and I was confused if it wanted the exact same scene or just sort of 'beginning, middle or end'

Posted from TSR Mobile
unknowntsr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i hope that the grade boundaries are lower cos last years was so much easier >.<
unknowntsr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how much detail did u all go into? beecuase we had to specifically do two or mmore moemnts, i found it hard to do as much detail in the little time I had?

how does one 'develop their acting skills?'
ellie98
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Section B was really good actually
thehighlighter
Rep:
?
About the wording, when it says two moments/skills does that mean you can only do a maximum of two moments? Like you can't talk about five because they only want you to talk about two in detail????

SO confusing
LuLu<3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thehighlighter)
About the wording, when it says two moments/skills does that mean you can only do a maximum of two moments? Like you can't talk about five because they only want you to talk about two in detail????

SO confusing
Yep, when it says 'two or more' or 'at least one' it doesn't really give you a maximum but if it asks for 'two' it ONLY wants two, no more or less. This test was a lot more strict on the exact numbers they want in comparison to past papers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
thehighlighter
Rep:
?
(Original post by LuLu<3)
Yep, when it says 'two or more' or 'at least one' it doesn't really give you a maximum but if it asks for 'two' it ONLY wants two, no more or less. This test was a lot more strict on the exact numbers they want in comparison to past papers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks that clears things up
My teacher said it was probably a good idea to write more than they asked incase you don't pick up marks on what you write before :/
jessm8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thehighlighter)
How did it go? DO you think the grade boundaries would be lower?????????
No i think the boundaries will be roughly the same as they hardly ever change but i don't know fingers crossed
thehighlighter
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessm8)
No i think the boundaries will be roughly the same as they hardly ever change but i don't know fingers crossed
That is true

Well hopefully schools/unis know the grade boundaries for creative subjects are stupidly high
Mstr_Kenzo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I screwed it up for romeo and juliet I'm really worried I chose question 2 and I literally wrote 4 pages of paragraphs about important scenes and how that scene is effective and important.. I'm literally pooping now.. it's going to be so hard for me to get a on English poetry I'm so scared!!
unknowntsr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2014 - a sar was 72

2013 - 72

2012 - 70

2011 - 68

looks like theres a trend?
thehighlighter
Rep:
?
(Original post by unknowntsr)
2014 - a sar was 72

2013 - 72

2012 - 70

2011 - 68

looks like theres a trend?
yep there is a trend , its a shame, not sure why they want to keep making it so ridiculously hard
Helfus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Section B Q's were really good.
jonahfromtonga
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elliep123456789)
I think they will be lower because it was so hard!

Did anyone else answer Section C on two different scenes? How many marks do you lose for this?
Hi, I did exactly this and not sure how many marks will be lost. Also wrote about character, not style. Super hard questions
talia678
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not great, messed up Q2 on section A
jonahfromtonga
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by talia678)
Not great, messed up Q2 on section A
what was that question? development of acting skills during rehearsal?
AutismChan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i wet myself i was so nervous was so embarassing but at least i get to resit it now
thehighlighter
Rep:
?
(Original post by AutismChan)
i wet myself i was so nervous was so embarassing but at least i get to resit it now

You can resit it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads