AS OCR Ethics2015 Watch

username1887119
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What did everyone put in todays Ethics exam?
claudiaford0798
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did the Kant question and the Christian Ethics question

What about you
MesutOzil10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone do 1 and 4?
claudiaford0798
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MesutOzil10)
Did anyone do 1 and 4?
I did 4, I spoke about situation ethics, how scripture can be used and the conscience what about you?
for b I spoke about how Christians use scripture and conscience
Then against I spoke about Kant, Situation Ethics and other non- religious stuff which I cant remember
MesutOzil10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by claudiaford0798)
I did 4, I spoke about situation ethics, how scripture can be used and the conscience what about you?
for b I spoke about how Christians use scripture and conscience
Then against I spoke about Kant, Situation Ethics and other non- religious stuff which I cant remember
Same, but i also talked about divine command theory, euthphyro dilemma and jesus' teachings on sermon on the mount as well as sacred scriptures (Bible). Did you do 1?
username1887119
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Myn went really bad ,on q4 I forgot when writing about natural law theory mention the doctrine of double effect
tanisharose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What was question 4? I don't remember it being about natural law
meganmolly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Question 4 was 'Explain one religious ethical theory' or something. Most people chose Christian Ethics but as Natural Law revolves around Christianity it would be regarding as a religious ethical theory.
foreigner457
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm worried about question 4 because it said "explain one religious ethical theory" but I took that to mean Christian Ethics as a whole, so I talked about Divine Command Theory, Natural Law Theory, and Jesus' ethics, which is three different theories so maybe not answering the question...do you think I'll be all right?
waitingforuni
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by foreigner457)
I'm worried about question 4 because it said "explain one religious ethical theory" but I took that to mean Christian Ethics as a whole, so I talked about Divine Command Theory, Natural Law Theory, and Jesus' ethics, which is three different theories so maybe not answering the question...do you think I'll be all right?
I think you put too much info but they won't mark you down for it as long as you have all the necessary information, unless your examiner is really really harsh. But usually they don't mind if you waffle AS LONG AS you have the necessary information.
koyeman7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I'm afraid in Q3 of explaining Kants moral theory, I'll be marked down for not mentioning the summum bonum 😭😰
sxsxa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by meganmolly;[url="tel:55981423")
55981423[/url]]Question 4 was 'Explain one religious ethical theory' or something. Most people chose Christian Ethics but as Natural Law revolves around Christianity it would be regarding as a religious ethical theory.
Are you sure natural law would be credited for q4? Bc i did q4 i wrote all about natural law its bugging me that i might have done it wrong
geogwaphyerjag
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the kant 25 question how much emphasis did people put on the aims of his theory. I explained the theory and then did a paragraph on what it's aim is
waitingforuni
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by koyeman7)
Hi, I'm afraid in Q3 of explaining Kants moral theory, I'll be marked down for not mentioning the summum bonum 😭😰
I don't think you'll be marked down for that, the summum bonum relates directly to his views on God so it's just one extra point you could have added. As long as the main parts are there e.g. categorical imperatives, duty and good will, and quotes and terminology, you should be ok
koyeman7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh cool, thanks 😅
geogwaphyerjag
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys. Could someone possibly answer my q pleasee
koyeman7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by geogwaphyerjag)
For the kant 25 question how much emphasis did people put on the aims of his theory. I explained the theory and then did a paragraph on what it's aim is
I emphasised the importance of duty by following the categorical imperative then talked about his universal law, humanity formula, Kingdom of ends. I mentioned how it aimed to teach all humans should be rational and autonomous, and everyone should be treated equally,also added a bit about Good Will. All with examples
jakeacock123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi everyone. I thought this was an okay exam. I did question one, seems like evreyone else did! I also answered question two about, embryos. Did anyone else answer this question? I answered the question, about when life begins and different points of view, then genetic engering, stem cell research... is that okay?
charlieb11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry for a late reply but I did question 4 on a Christian ethical theory and wrote about the just war theory :/ will that be okay?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads