The Student Room Group

Edexcel gce physics unit 1 june 2015

How did you find the paper today? I thought it was ok. Not easy and not difficult. There were some very easy questions and some difficult ones..but overall it was ok.

Scroll to see replies

it was absolutely horrible
i whole-heartedly hated both the last question and the penultimate
Original post by StaKon
How did you find the paper today? I thought it was ok. Not easy and not difficult. There were some very easy questions and some difficult ones..but overall it was ok.

in general what grade do you think you have achieved?
Reply 4
Original post by lukmankazeem
in general what grade do you think you have achieved?

Although I believe that the paper was ok, I've done a lot mistakes..I guess I wasn't careful enough while reading the question...I think I achieved about 60/80 although my goal was to get full marks in UMS. What about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
bruv u cant get full marks
the 6 mark question about the girl kicking the ball, did she score? been bugging me ever since.
Reply 7
Original post by ytry
bruv u cant get full marks

I know that I can't get full marks..I was hopping to get full marks out of the UMS grade but I didn't do so good.
Reply 8
Original post by OllieCarpenter
the 6 mark question about the girl kicking the ball, did she score? been bugging me ever since.

She did score. You had to find the time of flight using the horizontal velocity and speed and then use it in one of the equations of motions to find the vertical displacement that the ball traveled and then add the diameter of the ball to see if she scored or not.
Damn... Thought she did after the exam. I took like 10 minutes on that question and decided to move on as was running out of time.
Reply 10
Hey,I'm sitting the international 3xAS physics exams as an external candidate. I missed this exam this morning because my car broke down on the way. Can anyone tell me what happens in this case? Do i just get zero for the exam? because I'm sitting it as an external candidate i have no predicted grades. also i have opted to cash in the modules results, can i cancel doing this now???thanks
Reply 11
I don't think you can cancel them and get your money :/
Original post by youing
Hey,I'm sitting the international 3xAS physics exams as an external candidate. I missed this exam this morning because my car broke down on the way. Can anyone tell me what happens in this case? Do i just get zero for the exam? because I'm sitting it as an external candidate i have no predicted grades. also i have opted to cash in the modules results, can i cancel doing this now???thanks
What did people write for both the penultimate and the last question
I was writing abou how radius is not constant therefore one cannot use stokes law
And for the last question I wrote about how one should calculate the distance travelled by the bubble in 0.33 seconds

But I have a feeling that's totally wrong
That physics paper was hard, im definitely resitting it next year.
post the paper online?
Reply 17
Easiest paper ever.. Most probably getting above 75
Reply 18
Is the unofficial mark scheme out?
Was mostly ok really
Not the hardest or the easiest

Quick Reply

Latest