The Student Room Group

Pre-exam rituals and lucky charms?

This is a hot topic of debate at the moment - do you have any pre-exam rituals or lucky charms?

I could almost swear by my yellow monkey eraser bringing me easy exam questions. Every exam I didn't have it went appallingly! :lol: .

As for pre-exam rituals, I had to listen to my 'lucky song' exactly one hour before the exam was due to start. The more of the lyrics I got right whilst singing along to it, the better the exam would go! :biggrin:

Let's hear yours!

Scroll to see replies

My revision notes and the fact that I've learned the course.
Reply 2
Sleep.
Reply 3
Definitely soft toys :smile:
I have some friends who wear a specific perfume for every exam...
I like to close my eyes and focus solely on breathing for 5 minutes straight some time when the exam is less than half an hour away. Helps me to drown out the surroundings, be calm, sharp, and focused on nothing but the exam once it starts.

Original post by Nirgilis
'lucky song'

Sailor Fuku?
(edited 8 years ago)
Oddly enough, taking a piss, regardless of the need, just before I go in. Done it every time.
I have a dino necklace (its uber shiny) and lucky socks too!
WIN_20150519_152817 (3).JPG
Reply 7
I like to have a PES.

(Pre-exam dump)
I've done nearly all exams with the same pen, when I didn't use it I didn't do as well :s I also have lucky boxers and have a specific playlist I put on in the morning of an exam haha
I have lucky socks :smile:
Original post by Guills on wheels
Oddly enough, taking a piss, regardless of the need, just before I go in. Done it every time.

This is me even though I hate the school toilets. They are horrible. Haha
I have a silver bracelet which I wear to every single exams!
Doing all revision last minute actually has became a ritual for me over the last 10 or so years..... actually tend to perform better but I would in no way, shape or form recommend this to someone preparing for exams/hand-ins.

I used to have a set of lucky treasury tag's, when I was in GCSE & A levels we where told to bring them to attach extra sheets if we needed to, but they always had spares anyway for those who forgot.....

I simply kept my lucky ones and asked for the spare ones..... the stuff kids do!!! :lol:
Reply 13
Good sleep, daily exercise and exhaustive revision - the best good-luck charms that exist.
Only time i ever drink coffee in the morning, a day i have an exam.
Reply 15
Gotta refresh the front page of 9gag for the freshest memes before each exam xDDDDDD

But seriously, pre-exam luck charm for me is teaching others. The stuff I teach is always the stuff I remember the best!
Last year my friend sent me an egg necklace just before my exams, and I wore it during all my (very nice) exams, so I figure it's a lucky egg now.
I always go to the toilet before an exam :yep: :ahee:
Got my Lucky Spoons
Any amount of water I drink before an exam must go out. Literally have to take a piss every half an hour before an exam :redface:

During the exam it's fine tho :tongue:

Quick Reply