The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics Unit 3D & 4D June 2015 Exams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ashley96
please does anyone have any idea of the questions coming out for unit 3d, i'm so scared for the exam

revise revise revise
Guys, should we just cooperate and all fail it? just literally write nothing...? it will be like a protest against the Edexcel board. The exam is very hard and impossible to pass. I've been studying the whole night and still cant answer the ****ing past paper questions. :angry:
Guys, should we just cooperate and all fail it? just literally write nothing...? it will be like a protest against the Edexcel board. The exam is very hard and impossible to pass. I've been studying the whole night and still cant answer the ****ing past paper questions.
Guys, should we just cooperate and all fail it? just literally write nothing...? it will be like a protest against the Edexcel board. The exam is very hard and impossible to pass. I've been studying the whole night and still cant answer the ****ing past paper questions.
Guys, should we just cooperate and all fail it? just literally write nothing...? it will be like a protest against the Edexcel board. The exam is very hard and impossible to pass. I've been studying the whole night and still cant answer the ****ing past paper questions. :frown:
Guys, should we just cooperate and all fail it? just literally write nothing...? it will be like a protest against the Edexcel board. The exam is very hard and impossible to pass. I've been studying the whole night and still cant answer the ****ing past paper questions. :O
Guys, should we just cooperate and all fail it? just literally write nothing...? it will be like a protest against the Edexcel board. The exam is very hard and impossible to pass. I've been studying the whole night and still cant answer the ****ing past paper questions. :L
So how did everyone find the unit 3 paper?? What did you think of the globalisation question?
Have to admit, that paper couldn't have gone better for me and my class.

Loved the globalisation 45marker, had gone through that so many times and included about 10 different political theorists. Justified my answer on the grounds that the impact has not been exaggerated but largely contradictory:
1) Greater Wealth but greater inequality (economic globalisation)
2) Greater scope for cultural choice yet the Western values have dominated (cultural globalisation)
3) Less Centralisation in authority yet states are retaking a state-centric approach (political globalisation)
I thought the exam went alright, although there were no 'standout' questions for me like there had been on the past papers.

I answered 3,4,5 and 7 although I sort of regretted doing the two EU related questions, I struggled for a third point on the 15 marker and a fifth point on the 45 marker. Just going to have to make it up on the unit 4 paper I guess...
Reply 70
Your teacher is a genius! Please say what he/she says about unit 4, thank you xxx hope your exam went well
I was really surprised to see hard power come up for the second year in a row, was not expecting it but was glad that it did. The IMF criticisms was a gift of the question, particularly as it's been set word-for-word before so had answered that during revision. The question based on Liberalism also went in my favour as we did expect it to come up, just in the form of realism/liberalism differences.

I think the EU question was the most difficult of the three 45 markers but knew I wouldn't answer any question on it before I even went to the exam hall.

Hope everyone did okay ✌🏻️👏🏻
Thought the 45 markers were awful, that's definitely ruined my overall marks, however I did like the 15's, thought they were good
I quite liked the EU 45 marker, but I knew I couldn't do the other two so I was kind of stuck with it anyway!

Any predictions for 4D?
Have a feeling that human rights will appear as a 45marker. Hopefully nothing major comes up on the environmental issues, that topic is such a drag.
(edited 8 years ago)
How's everyone revising for 4D? I've done some extra notes from the Heywood textbook and found some examples for things like human rights cases, terrorism, etc. as well as some past paper questions.

I just feel like I'm constantly doing the same thing so is anyone else doing anything different that I can try?
At this point it's probably better for you to keep the routine, despite it being really repetitive. I've just been going over the notes constantly but have given a large amount of time to learning and remembering specific theorists to boost my analysis

It's nearly over!
Reply 77
unit 4D for global politics 15 marker predictions and 45 marker predictions?
Would love some predictions for the exam on wednesday, especially for the 45 markers!! its just really open so it could be anything :/
Just wanted to say a quick good luck to everyone for tomorrow. May the force be with you all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending