Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did people feel about todays exam

ReputationRep:
    I did higher... It was SO easy! Apart from the Dry Valley question on the Rocks topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    I did higher... It was SO easy! Apart from the Dry Valley question on the Rocks topic.
    I found it sooooo nice !!

ReputationRep:
    Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgooner)
    I found it sooooo nice !!
    Hehe, the examiners must have been feeling generous. Although last years was very easy too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainb0wweasley)
    Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already
    Shield volcano? Was this on the tectonic? Or Ice on the land or what? I didn't see it if it was on tectonics! O_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    Shield volcano? Was this on the tectonic? Or Ice on the land or what? I didn't see it if it was on tectonics! O_O
    The tectonics "Label three characteristics of Eyjafjallajokull in a cross section diagram" and we all wrote that it had large flat sides due to being a shield volcano 😰 Shame though

ReputationRep:
    It was okay, I did living world, ice and coasts but OMG In the last 8 marker i mentioned spudland bay the whole way through but it was sTudland! I remembered the points and things though, how many marks do you think i will lose?

ReputationRep:
    Snap!! I did that too lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But on google it is described as a stratovolcano but Nyiragongo in the textbook is shown as a shield but on google it is a composite/stratovolcano so I think labelling it as a shield would be OK. I hope that it is though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmedchohan77)
    Yes. But on google it is described as a stratovolcano but Nyiragongo in the textbook is shown as a shield but on google it is a composite/stratovolcano so I think labelling it as a shield would be OK. I hope that it is though.
    Sure hope you're right

ReputationRep:
    What was the 8 marker on living world

ReputationRep:

No Eyjaflallajokul is shield for sure...

ReputationRep:
    What were the labels for the waterfall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabbanim)
    What was the 8 marker on living world
    Management/conservation strategies in a temperate deciduous forest (Epping Forest) if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Will I get any marks if i answered EVERY question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmedchohan77)

That is unfair from AQA because from the picture it looked like a shield volcano...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgooner)
    That is unfair from AQA because from the picture it looked like a shield volcano...
    plus, on the diagram, Iceland is on a constructive plate boundary.

ReputationRep:
    it was definitely a shield volcano, "Eyjafjallajökull is an elongated structure somewhat resembling a shield volcano,"

ReputationRep:
    It's a shield volcano. Iceland is a volcanic island formed at a constructive plate boundary (eurasian and north american) therefore it isn't possible for a composite to form here

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.