?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How did people feel about todays exam
username1373182
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did higher... It was SO easy! Apart from the Dry Valley question on the Rocks topic.
studentgooner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
(Original post by abrack)
I did higher... It was SO easy! Apart from the Dry Valley question on the Rocks topic.
I found it sooooo nice !!
rainb0wweasley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already
username1373182
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by studentgooner)
I found it sooooo nice !!
Hehe, the examiners must have been feeling generous. Although last years was very easy too!
username1373182
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rainb0wweasley)
Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already
Shield volcano? Was this on the tectonic? Or Ice on the land or what? I didn't see it if it was on tectonics! O_O
rainb0wweasley
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by abrack)
Shield volcano? Was this on the tectonic? Or Ice on the land or what? I didn't see it if it was on tectonics! O_O
The tectonics "Label three characteristics of Eyjafjallajokull in a cross section diagram" and we all wrote that it had large flat sides due to being a shield volcano 😰 Shame though
isabellagrace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was okay, I did living world, ice and coasts but OMG In the last 8 marker i mentioned spudland bay the whole way through but it was sTudland! I remembered the points and things though, how many marks do you think i will lose?
ebardoe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Snap!! I did that too lol
ahmedchohan77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. But on google it is described as a stratovolcano but Nyiragongo in the textbook is shown as a shield but on google it is a composite/stratovolcano so I think labelling it as a shield would be OK. I hope that it is though.
ebardoe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ahmedchohan77)
Yes. But on google it is described as a stratovolcano but Nyiragongo in the textbook is shown as a shield but on google it is a composite/stratovolcano so I think labelling it as a shield would be OK. I hope that it is though.
Sure hope you're right
Rabbanim
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What was the 8 marker on living world
studentgooner
Rep:
?

No Eyjaflallajokul is shield for sure...
stoodup
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What were the labels for the waterfall?
N eye C
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rabbanim)
What was the 8 marker on living world
Management/conservation strategies in a temperate deciduous forest (Epping Forest) if I remember correctly.
charlotteryans
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will I get any marks if i answered EVERY question?
studentgooner
Rep:
?
(Original post by ahmedchohan77)

That is unfair from AQA because from the picture it looked like a shield volcano...
N eye C
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by studentgooner)
That is unfair from AQA because from the picture it looked like a shield volcano...
plus, on the diagram, Iceland is on a constructive plate boundary.
star12334
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it was definitely a shield volcano, "Eyjafjallajökull is an elongated structure somewhat resembling a shield volcano,"
nick0399
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a shield volcano. Iceland is a volcanic island formed at a constructive plate boundary (eurasian and north american) therefore it isn't possible for a composite to form here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (241)
47.07%
Take exams next summer (70)
13.67%
Change uni choice through clearing (111)
21.68%
Apply to uni next year instead (53)
10.35%
I'm not applying to university (37)
7.23%

Watched Threads