The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Physical Exam 19/05/2015 -Feelings?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Angusmcbryde
Look on google images and Google, it's a composite

Ive been to the volcano but they didn't tell me which one it was , that would've been quite useful :wink:
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like???
In water on the land, what were the main key points for the deposition and transportation question?
Original post by B0mber19
Ive been to the volcano but they didn't tell me which one it was , that would've been quite useful :wink:

Hahaha!
Original post by rainb0wweasley
Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already

it was a shield volcano, cos its on the mid atlantic ridge which is a constructive plate boundary because the eurasian and north american plates were ovine away from eachother and at constructive boundaries only shield volcanoes are present.
Original post by B0mber19

Its not composite because its on the mid atlantic ridge - a constructive plate boundary, where only shield volcanoes are present
Original post by Ltaylor10
In water on the land, what were the main key points for the deposition and transportation question?

Transportation was that in the upper course traction is dominant as the boulders are heavy, middle course is saltation/suspension then lower course is suspensions/solution as the load has been eroded. Deposition was that upper course not much deposition occurs in the upper course as the current is faster and load heavier, then the lower course theres more deposition as the current is slower and load is smaller and lighter....(i think)
Original post by Ilyas_99
it was a shield volcano, cos its on the mid atlantic ridge which is a constructive plate boundary because the eurasian and north american plates were ovine away from eachother and at constructive boundaries only shield volcanoes are present.

We ve gone through this. Internet says it cone, it's come. It even looks cone.
I accidentally mixed up my case studies for coastal habitats on the 8 marker and put all the information for studland bay as infomation of over strand, do you think I'll lose all my 8 marks? :/
Original post by xwhitenoise
I accidentally mixed up my case studies for coastal habitats on the 8 marker and put all the information for studland bay as infomation of over strand, do you think I'll lose all my 8 marks? :/

You might lose 1 or 2 marks for getting the name wrong but if it is clear you answered the question with the right facts then you should be fine
Original post by heyheyeee
We ve gone through this. Internet says it cone, it's come. It even looks cone.

erm, hello, ive kinda studied this case study in class and did you not read CONSTRUCTIVE PLATE BOUNDARY, i dont see the eurasian and north american plate moving towards each other, do you?
and google isn’t always the most reliable source
and you should answer the question with what you see in the figure not what the internet says because that isn’t going to get you marks and i believe that the figure was in fact not a cone shape.
Did anyone do edexcel igcse geo ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh thank God! I thought I'd lost all my marks, that's a relief. :smile:
Original post by rainb0wweasley
Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already

Nope, ur right. It is definately shield bc composite is much steeper and shield is wider and flatter
Original post by ColorMiKiki
I totally messed up on the 8 mark question about the volcanic eruption immediate and long term responses, I'm not joking. No marks for me. Unless they give me a pity mark, but otherwise nope. It wasn't even hard - I just wrote it ALL WRONG.
Goodbye my hopes and dreams. Hello Mcdonalds.

HAHA!! I'll join you at McDonalds...I hoping to get pity marks also! I opened the paper and almost wanted to cry - not ideal xxx
Eyajualfallooja or whatever was shield I swear?
And what was up about that question on glacial deposition an erosion and the different landforms?
Original post by CRGSbeast
Eyajualfallooja or whatever was shield I swear?

This is CORRECT an example of composite is Mt Pinatubu, Phillipines.

Usually found in destructive plate margins.
I was screwing for this exam omg because I left revision way too late but the exam was pretty good omg!
Apart from the last 8 marker on Water on Land, the exam was alright. What did you all put for the relief question on Water on the Land?
Reply 79
Original post by isabellagrace
It was okay, I did living world, ice and coasts but OMG In the last 8 marker i mentioned spudland bay the whole way through but it was sTudland! I remembered the points and things though, how many marks do you think i will lose?

Haha yeah I wrote about Studland bay xD- don't worry, my friend was writing bae instead of bay xDD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending