The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography B exam Coasts and Urban Environment

How did you guys think the exam went?:smile::smile:
BTW what did you put for the question on what are the two landforms X and Y i think?
Original post by Imsophie
How did you guys think the exam went?:smile::smile:
BTW what did you put for the question on what are the two landforms X and Y i think?

Headland and bay
I personally found it hard and by any chance do u remember the 6 markers for urban environment? Oh and what did u guys write for figure 4 hard engineering?
I put
X - Spit
Y - Bay

:s-smilie: Woops
Reply 4
For the challenges caused by urban growth in LEDCS, I wrote about Chongquing in China, is that even a LEDC? let's hope I get some marks for it, I was going to write about Dharavi aswell! That's good to know I got X and Y right, trying to find that train station was the bane of my life 😩
Original post by saskiar_
For the challenges caused by urban growth in LEDCS, I wrote about Chongquing in China, is that even a LEDC? let's hope I get some marks for it, I was going to write about Dharavi aswell! That's good to know I got X and Y right, trying to find that train station was the bane of my life 😩

So what did u write for x and y?? In the second part were there 3 markers, if so do u know what they were
Reply 6
Original post by 2015studenttt
So what did u write for x and y?? In the second part were there 3 markers, if so do u know what they were

Think I wrote X: bay
Y: headland, or the other way round I can't remember! I have the worst memory, it was such a weirdly put together paper this year 😅 last years was so much better!
Think I wrote X: bay
Y: headland, or the other way round I can't remember! I have the worst memory, it was such a weirdly put together paper this year 😅 last years was so much better!

Last years was easier and what do u think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 8
Original post by 2015studenttt
Last years was easier and what do u think the grade boundaries will be?

I've heard they could be higher, but fingers crossed they aren't - I just need to make sure I do well in my next paper, mine is tourism and natural hazards? as I'm aiming for an A*, what's your next one on?
I've heard they could be higher, but fingers crossed they aren't - I just need to make sure I do well in my next paper, mine is tourism and natural hazards? as I'm aiming for an A*, what's your next one on?

Same I'm aiming for a* too but this exam went horrible for me!
hey, yeh does anyone have a rough idea what mark an a or a* is? i think i did quite bad but i think i got a minimum of 69 marks!!!
I am aiming for an A. most people i know found the exam horrible so the grade boundaries may be lower... For the coast and Urban paper last year the grade boundaries were (Higher tier):
A*-67
A-59
B-51
C-43
D-35
Is anyone doing globalisation of industry/extreme environments for the paper on 3/6?
I am hoping that the exam boundaries are lower this year. My next exam is natural hazards and tourism. Natural hazards is so easy however, I am dreading the tourism part :erm:

Quick Reply