The Student Room Group

Thigh Gaps

What do you think of thigh gaps? Do you have one yourself?
Reply 1
If you have it, good for you. If you dont have it, no pressure. No i dont have thigh gaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Would agree with pagorai

Posted from TSR Mobile
so i have to do presentation for class
-awkward as ****
-start working out
-not so awkward
-zyzz is my inspiration
-presentation again
-trembling
-just keep telling myself "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-get confident
-my turn
-i get up there
-start shaking uncontrollably
-start telling myself "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-teacher says I can start anytime
-I start off with "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-at this point I'm so nervous I blackout
-"i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-repeat at least 4 more times
-look around the room, people are saying "why does he keep saying that?"
-girls start laughing
-I pass out
-hit head on the corner of teacher's desk
-minor concussion
-teacher thinks I was on drugs
-classmates call my zeezprah
-nickname eventually turns into zebra
-i haven't heard my real name in months
-haven't been this depressed since high school
I really don't understand the infatuation. It looks incredibly weird and unnatural.
i have a small one naturally, I think it looks weird and would prefer not to but that would involve putting on quite a bit of weight so I'd rather not

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never notice it or care. I dont understand the big fuss.
I have quite a big one, my legs are just oddly shaped and they don't touch at all not even at the knees. I sometimes get comments on how they are too skinny and 'awkward' and it makes me not want to wear skinny jeans..
i have one but its getting smaller as food becomes more attractive to me
i have big thighs for someone that has a thigh gap though
i only have it cos my hips are wide, & idk what the fuss is about

its literally a space between your legs
I don't have one

I wanted one

but I don't want one anymore.

If you're unhappy with your thighs just do strength training which works those muscles. I think I wanted a thigh gap initially because I thought it would make my legs look better but I realise because of how my body is I could never really have a thigh gap without loosing lots of weight and looking extremely ill. I store a lot of my fat on my thighs so have thick thighs but a thin upperbody. Therefore, if I lost the amount of weight needed to get a thigh gap some of that would come from my upperbody making me looking ill. Consequently I just accepted the fact I have big thighs and have did strength training with targets that area. I still have big thighs but they are shaped and so much more defined- I even get complimented on them now!

In short if you have a thigh gap great and embrace it but if you're more curvy or store a lot of your weight on your thighs rather than upper body like I do don't get upset about it rather focus on shaping/ defining them :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
When I was ill I was pretty obsessed with getting one (among other things), even when I was underweight I still didn't have one.

Looking back it was pretty ridiculous. Thigh gaps are neither good nor bad so long as you're happy and healthy. I hope to never go back into that damaging mind set.
My old housemate had one and she became a bit obsessed with it I
ie showing to people over snapchat etc and making sure her profile pictures on Facebook showed it. I personally don't have one as I have very thick thighs and it doesn't bother me that I don't have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Got one last week. Best decision I ever made.
This is what I used to be:
All fine if you do have one, but unlike me, you don't have anything to save your phone when you drop it on the toilet. :")
If you have a thigh gap because that's the way your body naturally is, at a healthy weight and eating a healthy, regular diet, that is absolutely fine. I have no thoughts about that.

If you have a thigh gap because you are underweight and under-eating because you feel like you should or need to have a thigh gap, then that is not healthy (obviously). It's such a pointless goal to work towards, it means absolutely nothing in the end. I also liked my thigh gap when I was underweight. It didn't bring me any happiness though. It didn't feel like a sign that I was 'thin enough', I still felt the need to lose more weight. I spent 5 months in an eating disorder unit because my heart rate dropped so low and I had to regain weight. I am at the low end of a healthy weight now, I don't have a thigh gap anymore. But I do have university, kickboxing, friends, a future, better health, a stable heart rate, strength, fitness, I'm not cold constantly, and I can eat a meal without feeling such intense guilt. So for me, personally, I don't need a thigh gap.
Reply 15
Original post by Liv1204
If you have a thigh gap because that's the way your body naturally is, at a healthy weight and eating a healthy, regular diet, that is absolutely fine. I have no thoughts about that.

If you have a thigh gap because you are underweight and under-eating because you feel like you should or need to have a thigh gap, then that is not healthy (obviously). It's such a pointless goal to work towards, it means absolutely nothing in the end. I also liked my thigh gap when I was underweight. It didn't bring me any happiness though. It didn't feel like a sign that I was 'thin enough', I still felt the need to lose more weight. I spent 5 months in an eating disorder unit because my heart rate dropped so low and I had to regain weight. I am at the low end of a healthy weight now, I don't have a thigh gap anymore. But I do have university, kickboxing, friends, a future, better health, a stable heart rate, strength, fitness, I'm not cold constantly, and I can eat a meal without feeling such intense guilt. So for me, personally, I don't need a thigh gap.

Don't really think that was what OP was getting at but well done and good luck on the road to recovery :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending