The Student Room Group

What is this? What should I do?

I think I like a girl at uni. Since the first day of uni October I've been attracted to this girl, for example in lectures every few minutes I have to look at her. We've never really talked except this one time when she asked for my help which lasted 5 seconds. We are in the middle of our exams which finish 1st June then I will not see her for 4.5 months until second year of uni starts.

Even though we both do the same course I haven't seen her for any exams, I think she takes them somewhere else because she gets extra time. Anyways the thought of not seeing her for 4.5 months makes me kinda sad. I don't know what this is? Some people would say its infatuation but can it last for 9-10months?

We're both Indian and it turns out we're both from the same part of London, she lives around 35 mins on the bus from me.
Have you even sparked up a conversation with this girl yet?
Reply 2
Original post by C_tinie_D
Have you even sparked up a conversation with this girl yet?

No
Original post by Vorsah
No

Maybe do that first and see how it flows, if all good then ask to if she'd like to meet up during the break from Uni.

Never know, in 4.5 months she might have found someone else or be with you...
Original post by Vorsah
I think I like a girl at uni. Since the first day of uni October I've been attracted to this girl, for example in lectures every few minutes I have to look at her. We've never really talked except this one time when she asked for my help which lasted 5 seconds. We are in the middle of our exams which finish 1st June then I will not see her for 4.5 months until second year of uni starts.

Even though we both do the same course I haven't seen her for any exams, I think she takes them somewhere else because she gets extra time. Anyways the thought of not seeing her for 4.5 months makes me kinda sad. I don't know what this is? Some people would say its infatuation but can it last for 9-10months?

We're both Indian and it turns out we're both from the same part of London, she lives around 35 mins on the bus from me.

Infatuation can last years. If you think it's anything more than infatuation, you're deluded and I'd be worried.

Anyway ... So you spent 8 months gawking at her from the back of a lecture room instead of trying to make a move on her?

You probably had hundreds of opportunities to ask her out or at least speak to her ... but you chose not to.

I think you should leave it.
Reply 5
Original post by Vorsah

Buy you only spoke to her for 5 secs? How do you know this?

If not from her, creepy but do not mention it to her.

When ever you see her next, ask her how her exams are going. Now after you ask this, focus on yourself, make sure you're mentally checking are you standing straight, are you looking directing into her eyes (makes an easy question intense and sexual, showing you're not afraid of the male, female sexual chemistry and thus masculine. 90% of communication is body language alone), make sure you're standing still and nodding/smiling.

Then make sure you do not speak about you. If she asks find a way to switch it back to a question for her. This keeps up mystery which women love.

Now seeing as you haven't spoken to her it connotates you are afraid. Now assuming here you are afraid of not knowing what to say, if you don't know do not fumble with words just stay looking at her without shifting or anything. This shows confidence and she will feel that you're expecting her to keep talking and with the confidence you're doing it it'll be 100% natural and not awkward and the conversation will continue.

After this, say you're enjoyed talking to her. You've seen her around and never knew she'd be cool to talk to, then say you want to keep contact over the summer and offer your phone to her. (Don't say "can I have your number?". Most guys do and when you do she will draw parallels between other guys who have asked her and you which may not be positive so by saying you want to keep in contact and offering her your phone you're automatically different and thus MUCH higher chance of success).

Sooooo... basically stop mirin' and do something.
^ Do this 100%.

Man up and go for what and who you want.
Talk to her!!! Start as friends
Reply 8
Original post by iAmanze
Buy you only spoke to her for 5 secs? How do you know this?

If not from her, creepy but do not mention it to her.

When ever you see her next, ask her how her exams are going. Now after you ask this, focus on yourself, make sure you're mentally checking are you standing straight, are you looking directing into her eyes (makes an easy question intense and sexual, showing you're not afraid of the male, female sexual chemistry and thus masculine. 90% of communication is body language alone), make sure you're standing still and nodding/smiling.

Then make sure you do not speak about you. If she asks find a way to switch it back to a question for her. This keeps up mystery which women love.

Now seeing as you haven't spoken to her it connotates you are afraid. Now assuming here you are afraid of not knowing what to say, if you don't know do not fumble with words just stay looking at her without shifting or anything. This shows confidence and she will feel that you're expecting her to keep talking and with the confidence you're doing it it'll be 100% natural and not awkward and the conversation will continue.

After this, say you're enjoyed talking to her. You've seen her around and never knew she'd be cool to talk to, then say you want to keep contact over the summer and offer your phone to her. (Don't say "can I have your number?". Most guys do and when you do she will draw parallels between other guys who have asked her and you which may not be positive so by saying you want to keep in contact and offering her your phone you're automatically different and thus MUCH higher chance of success).

Sooooo... basically stop mirin' and do something.

When I said 5 secs I meant she asked me something like " do u know what this symbol means ?" An I said "yh it means this". This is the only time we interacted which lasted 5 secs

Thanks for your advice, but I dont think I will see her until second year provided we both pass first year, because she takes her exams somewhere else in uni cos I think she gets extra time

Just realised what you meant, I know she's from the same part of London as me because I remember in the first week of uni we had to fill out some forms where we had to write our term time address and both of us were sitting on the same row and I was sitting at the end so had to collect the forms from my row
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
I know I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to stuff like this
Reply 10
Original post by VotreAltesse
Infatuation can last years. If you think it's anything more than infatuation, you're deluded and I'd be worried.

Anyway ... So you spent 8 months gawking at her from the back of a lecture room instead of trying to make a move on her?

You probably had hundreds of opportunities to ask her out or at least speak to her ... but you chose not to.

I think you should leave it.

Touche

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending