The Student Room Group

AQA Physics A Unit 2 - 4th June 2015 (PM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xela238
Anyone got any tips on the s.f? I always somehow manage to lose marks by getting them wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always use the amount of significant figures they give you for a value. For example, if the question is "A diver's mass is 7200kg, find his weight" they have given us 2 s.f, therefore we should give his weight to 2 s.f. If the question said "A diver's mass is 708kg, find his weight" then they have given us 3 s.f, therefore we should give his weight to 3 s.f, and so on.

You can't go wrong with that.
which parts do you think are the hardest guys? :smile:
Original post by buckeybarnes
which parts do you think are the hardest guys? :smile:

That's entirely subjective - the concept of diffraction and how it's affected by particular variables.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MintyMilk
That's entirely subjective - the concept of diffraction and how it's affected by particular variables.

That's a tough part. I'm finding all of it hard bc it's the subject i'm gonna drop at AS so I've been focusing more on my other subjects revision and physics has kinda took a back seat, so i'm struggling w/ it now, as long as I get a B or a C i'm happy though lol
That's a tough part. I'm finding all of it hard bc it's the subject i'm gonna drop at AS so I've been focusing more on my other subjects revision and physics has kinda took a back seat, so i'm struggling w/ it now, as long as I get a B or a C i'm happy though lol

If you're struggling with specific topics I'm happy to help if you just ask!
Original post by jhjamie
If you're struggling with specific topics I'm happy to help if you just ask!

right now it's due to lack of revision, but of what i have covered so far, i find the more complex moment question harder, and stability is a bit tricky, also calculation questions where u dont rlly know exactly what they want you to do, i just panic :smile:
Not sure if this has already been shared but this will be incredibly useful: http://www.alevelphysicsonline.com/#!videos/c1p3t
right now it's due to lack of revision, but of what i have covered so far, i find the more complex moment question harder, and stability is a bit tricky, also calculation questions where u dont rlly know exactly what they want you to do, i just panic :smile:

I honestly don't think we need to know about stability. I have never came across it in an exam and it isn't even in the specification. With the complex moments questions, I understand, practice makes perfect however. Have you been doing the moments practice questions pack from physicsandmathstutor? They're really good for improving your moments knowledge.
Original post by TajwarC
Not sure if this has already been shared but this will be incredibly useful: http://www.alevelphysicsonline.com/#!videos/c1p3t

Never saw this before, looks really good, thanks.
Few questions from the jan 2013 paper ive just tried and i found it difficult:/

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA2-QP-JAN13.PDF

i got 2bi and 2bii wrong
i tried using w = mg for the first and then i used my answer to this to put w = fs, what am i doing wrong? i always seem to get the ones with an angle introduced wrong.

Also i lost most of my marks in question 7, if someone could help to explain to me path difference, q7bii, c and e, that would be great. thank you.
Reply 190
could someone share their physics unit 2 notes with me please? I'm really worried, the ones I've been able to find online are either way too simplified or way too complicated and bringing in all this maths and application (I don't do maths so it just confuses me and is irrelevant) I'm starting to really freak out, nelson thornes textbook is **** and I hardly have any work in my books from lessons. please, literally anything would help. chapters 7,8,9 esp.
Can someone explain how to do part 2b of this question please :frown:Capture.JPG
Original post by arrow_h
Can someone explain how to do part 2b of this question please :frown:Capture.JPG

I think you need the actual exam paper and then use a ruler to measure the fringe separation.
How can u tell whether a substance is ductile from its stress-strain graph?
Original post by jhjamie
I think you need the actual exam paper and then use a ruler to measure the fringe separation.

Ohh right, I was thinking how do I get the answer?! Lool, thank you anyway!!
Original post by arrow_h
Ohh right, I was thinking how do I get the answer?! Lool, thank you anyway!!

Hahaha, no worries.
Original post by jhjamie
I honestly don't think we need to know about stability. I have never came across it in an exam and it isn't even in the specification. With the complex moments questions, I understand, practice makes perfect however. Have you been doing the moments practice questions pack from physicsandmathstutor? They're really good for improving your moments knowledge.

i actually just found them and they're really good! I'm doing chemistry and biology for the rest of today but if i run into any problems with it tomorrow i'll post them here lol :smile:
Anyone got any idea's on what the 6 marker will be on??
i actually just found them and they're really good! I'm doing chemistry and biology for the rest of today but if i run into any problems with it tomorrow i'll post them here lol :smile:

Good luck with chemistry and bio!
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
How can u tell whether a substance is ductile from its stress-strain graph?

Material that can withstand the greatest strain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending