The Student Room Group

Is straight A's even possible at this stage?

At the beginning I was very hard working and put in all the right work and did all the homework and extra revision etc but it went down after Christmas holidays. Okay so through out the AS level year (year 12), I have been occasionally putting in work and getting the casual B or C in mocks (most of which I did no revision for) and this continued near exams. I did not do any revision for my exams because I kept procrastinating "2 months left" "1 month left" "2 weeks left" "1 week left" "oh **** tomorrow" So now my obvious plan and only option is to cram for this exam. Cramming has worked before, e.g. I revised on the day of a Chemistry mock and turned out with a B, I did no revision for a C1 mock and got an A (obviously it is an easy paper but ya know) and I did no revision for Biology and got a solid D.

I have only realized now when my procrastination has stopped that cramming is hard because I literally have NO time to do all 10 past papers in a row the day before the exam like I planned. Especially since all my exams are together (once a day for this week) and I dont have a day before. I have a Maths exam tomro (C2) and I am planning to do 5 C2 past papers altogether and I was just wondering if its still possible for me to get an A on this paper? The last C2 mock I did, I got a D and lacked sleep (fell asleep half way through the paper) and did 1 past paper.

Again with Biology and Chemistry, I will only have time to do 5 past papers each and I was wondering if this is enough to still get an A? I obviously have a week before unit 2 and in that week my cramming will be full on and hard, maybe even better than the unit 2's?

Is it even possible or realistic for me to expect all A's at this point? Is it possible for me to get A's with this revision? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!
It is!!! REVISE, DO THEM PAPERS AND GET OFF TSR UNLESS YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THEM GO GO GO GET DAT A !!!
I think that anything is possible if you put your mind to it, but at this stage you're gonna have to revise like you have no social life (like me hehe) if you wanna get those A's. I'm in the same boat and I'm just doing as much as I can and using every spare minute (well obz not if i'm on here but you know :wink:))
Just go for it I guess. Good luck!!
Original post by thetruthteller
it is!!! Revise, do them papers and get off tsr unless you have a question about them go go go get dat a !!!

thanks thanks thanks!!!
Original post by miahyeboah
I think that anything is possible if you put your mind to it, but at this stage you're gonna have to revise like you have no social life (like me hehe) if you wanna get those A's. I'm in the same boat and I'm just doing as much as I can and using every spare minute (well obz not if i'm on here but you know :wink:))
Just go for it I guess. Good luck!!

yESH revising like I have no social life!! Even though i dont anyway xD
Reply 5
You may do well on Chem and Maths but Bio I would suggest to revise the short units in the whole As level unit and revise properly for the other exams over the half term.

Doing the same. Wish me luck and good luck to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilovereading
At the beginning I was very hard working and put in all the right work and did all the homework and extra revision etc but it went down after Christmas holidays. Okay so through out the AS level year (year 12), I have been occasionally putting in work and getting the casual B or C in mocks (most of which I did no revision for) and this continued near exams. I did not do any revision for my exams because I kept procrastinating "2 months left" "1 month left" "2 weeks left" "1 week left" "oh **** tomorrow" So now my obvious plan and only option is to cram for this exam. Cramming has worked before, e.g. I revised on the day of a Chemistry mock and turned out with a B, I did no revision for a C1 mock and got an A (obviously it is an easy paper but ya know) and I did no revision for Biology and got a solid D.

I have only realized now when my procrastination has stopped that cramming is hard because I literally have NO time to do all 10 past papers in a row the day before the exam like I planned. Especially since all my exams are together (once a day for this week) and I dont have a day before. I have a Maths exam tomro (C2) and I am planning to do 5 C2 past papers altogether and I was just wondering if its still possible for me to get an A on this paper? The last C2 mock I did, I got a D and lacked sleep (fell asleep half way through the paper) and did 1 past paper.

Again with Biology and Chemistry, I will only have time to do 5 past papers each and I was wondering if this is enough to still get an A? I obviously have a week before unit 2 and in that week my cramming will be full on and hard, maybe even better than the unit 2's?

Is it even possible or realistic for me to expect all A's at this point? Is it possible for me to get A's with this revision? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

Either way, aim for an A, do past papers, soloman questions etc. C2 /is/ hard but focus on things you wont be given in the exams, read off those "C2 in a page" revision notes, and read exam tips as theres always
Stuff that peoole get wrong or forget and thats where you wsnna pick up marks
good luck! I believe in you! also if you do edexcel do tiered papers, they are so useful.

Also get off tsr!! Download stayfocused for chrome and put it on nuclear mode for a few hours (Can still access internet just not certain sites that you choose) Turn off your phone or give it to someone.
you have four hours at the least!
Original post by timelizard
Either way, aim for an A, do past papers, soloman questions etc. C2 /is/ hard but focus on things you wont be given in the exams, read off those "C2 in a page" revision notes, and read exam tips as theres always
Stuff that peoole get wrong or forget and thats where you wsnna pick up marks
good luck! I believe in you! also if you do edexcel do tiered papers, they are so useful.

Also get off tsr!! Download stayfocused for chrome and put it on nuclear mode for a few hours (Can still access internet just not certain sites that you choose) Turn off your phone or give it to someone.
you have four hours at the least!

Thank You! Making the C2 in a page at the moment! My exam tips are all over my previous past papers which I guess is good :smile:

Yes I need to get off tsr O.O

... I have stayfocused xD I have blocked a bunch of sites so that I can only go on them for say 10 minutes but then after 10 minutes I go to settings and make it 30 minutes and then after 30 etc It is now on 700 minutes :L I cant go on nuclear because I need to access the gold papers and solomon papers:L Although i could just put them on allow sites:L Urgh ur right!
Thank You! Making the C2 in a page at the moment! My exam tips are all over my previous past papers which I guess is good :smile:

Yes I need to get off tsr O.O

... I have stayfocused xD I have blocked a bunch of sites so that I can only go on them for say 10 minutes but then after 10 minutes I go to settings and make it 30 minutes and then after 30 etc It is now on 700 minutes :L I cant go on nuclear because I need to access the gold papers and solomon papers:L Although i could just put them on allow sites:L Urgh ur right!

you could either download all papers, or you could select the 'only block sites on my block list' option which is what I do.
:smile:

how did it go?
Original post by timelizard
how did it go?

I think it went okay considering the circumstances :smile: I messed up on 3 questions (as parts, not the whole thing) but other than that I think I did okay. The gold papers REALLY did help and if I had done more of them, I am sure I would have been more confident in that paper! I know for next time ^^

Quick Reply

Latest