Why do people vote UKIP? Watch

Catholic_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Interesting debate at work today. What are your views?
little_tom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because they're idiots, that's why.
JenniMusic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most people who vote it seem to disagree with the main policies of Labour and Conservative and want a 'way out'...
Crb822
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why do people not vote UKIP?
throwaway4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by little_tom)
Because they're idiots, that's why.
Explain?

Most anti-kippers have a nasty habit of bashing the electorate. Grow the f up and provide debate.

Attack the message. Not the messenger.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because we want to leave the EU as soon as possible.
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because they're racist bigots.
Yawn!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because deep down they are miserable, unhappy people, and want an easy, convenient target to blame, rather than deal with the real issues that affect their lives.
username1360986
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Leave the EU, electoral reform, direct democracy, trade with the world not just Europe, make the supreme court the highest court in Britain not the European court, no tax on the minimum wage, increase defense spending, look after veterans better, protect the nhs, improve education by reintroducing grammar schools, no tuition fees for approved stem subjects. Only party whose spending plans were independently approved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1969391
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
Because they're racist bigots.
UKIP aren't racist, it seems like you're the bigot. You've been brainwashed by the media I presume.
intelligent con
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Yawn!)
Because deep down they are miserable, unhappy people, and want an easy, convenient target to blame, rather than deal with the real issues that affect their lives.
Why is it that liberals talk about right wingers being ignorant for bashing immigrants but then immediately blame the rich for all our problems? You know there was large opposition to immigration before the recession don't you?
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because a party led by an ex-tory activist, who is 90% funded by ex tories, who claims to be keeping the 'flame of Thatcherism alive' and who in fact told their supporters to vote tory is seen as a plucky, anti-establishment party.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NickLCFC)
UKIP aren't racist, it seems like you're the bigot. You've been brainwashed by the media I presume.
All I can say is thank God the views of people on TSR don't represent the views of people in real life, otherwise Labour would have won the election. I also want to thank ex- Labour voters who voted UKIP in marginal seats, especially those in Warwickshire, namely Nuneaton and North Warwickshire.
Yawn!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by intelligent con)
Why is it that liberals talk about right wingers being ignorant for bashing immigrants but then immediately blame the rich for all our problems? You know there was large opposition to immigration before the recession don't you?
Lol. I'm not a liberal. I voted Tory.
SotonianOne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by intelligent con)
He/she is talking about issues that are central to life.

Anyone who puts immigration within their top 3 most important issues is deluded and should be prevented from voting.

In fact I disagree with anyone else but people with economics degrees to vote but hey we can't all have it good.
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SotonianOne)

Anyone who puts immigration within their top 3 most important issues is deluded and should be prevented from voting.

In fact I disagree with anyone else but people with economics degrees to vote but hey we can't all have it good.
Philosophy is clearly more important than economics to politics IMO. Not much point in saying 'party X produces a higher output than party Y' unless you can explain why that's important and the moral principles underlying your decision.
Crb822
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As far as I'm concerned, UKIP, despite having little experience of running a country, would still do a much better job than Labour ever did.
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
UKIP want to segregate basically. You may consider it racist for a person to not include another due to ideological views but last time I checked it is not illegal to restrict someone from your circle of friends even if your friends are all white. This is very dominant in Germany where there are White only villages where land isn't sold and instead is rented to people of the owners choosing.

A lot of anti-racists cry murder about this. They hate the fact that there are people out there resisting Globalization. Essentially that is what UKIP is. It is a force against Globalization.

Personally though I don't think UKIP members care if someone calls them a racist. They shrug it off like removing the frustration of a itch. It is hardly like a fly provoking them on a hot summers day.

The majority of the country want the EU referendum now so I am afraid you are just going to allow democracy to happen and all the militant Stalinist's will have to stand from a distance and hate on the side line.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SotonianOne)

Agree very strongly with your first point- it's exactly the same as leftists blaming all their problems on bankers and tax dodgers.

Disagree on your last point though as would most economists. Funnily enough I have a friend with an Econ degree who voted green!
throwaway4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
UKIP want to segregate basically.
No we don't. We want integration. We want to give people time to join the community.

Essentially that is what UKIP is. It is a force against Globalization.
No they're not. Europe isn't the world. UKIP wants Britain to make their own trade with developing global markets. Money would go and flow outside the eurozone. Skilled labour travel and not be pushed under the rug. Ideas would accumulate post the 'bonfire' of regulation.

Personally though I don't think UKIP members care if someone calls them a racist.
How prejudice and generalised. We're not a homogeneous group. We care a lot. You're labeling us of the actions of a couple of individuals. If you want to work like that, I could say that all Labour are offenders and all Tory MPs are ex BNP, but I won't, because they're not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (53)
23.98%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.57%
I'm sick of studying (45)
20.36%
I can't find a course I want to do (5)
2.26%
I don't know enough about them (16)
7.24%