The Student Room Group

Moving schools for Alevels

Next year i wanted to move schools to study my A levels for a number of reasons. (I chose maths, spanish, biology and chemistry.) I am really nervous about starting and i was just wondering if anyone has ever been in this situation and could help?
Original post by c_rebeca
Next year i wanted to move schools to study my A levels for a number of reasons. (I chose maths, spanish, biology and chemistry.) I am really nervous about starting and i was just wondering if anyone has ever been in this situation and could help?

Hi Rebecca,

I have been in the same situation as you, in fact I've been through the same situation 3 times!

Firstly I left private school in Year 6 (I was kicked out) and had to start a new school in year 7. Although it has been a while, I was nervous because it was something different and I wasn't completely comfortable with such a vast change, but I put it into perspective and saw what's the worse that can happen? Remember there are always other's in the same position as you, you'll be fine.

The second time was during my A Levels, in fact I changed school twice (Kicked out of the first) and now I'm currently at my third different school. You'll be nervous, as it's natural, because it's something different but it's also something new, in terms of the variety of experiences you'll encounter in your life. These challenges you face now will make you become more confident socially when you're older.

Believe me when I say you'll be fine! Work hard and you won't even realize it.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.
Reply 2
Original post by Gunnarsunn
Hi Rebecca,

I have been in the same situation as you, in fact I've been through the same situation 3 times!

Firstly I left private school in Year 6 (I was kicked out) and had to start a new school in year 7. Although it has been a while, I was nervous because it was something different and I wasn't completely comfortable with such a vast change, but I put it into perspective and saw what's the worse that can happen? Remember there are always other's in the same position as you, you'll be fine.

The second time was during my A Levels, in fact I changed school twice (Kicked out of the first) and now I'm currently at my third different school. You'll be nervous, as it's natural, because it's something different but it's also something new, in terms of the variety of experiences you'll encounter in your life. These challenges you face now will make you become more confident socially when you're older.

Believe me when I say you'll be fine! Work hard and you won't even realize it.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

Thankyou, it is good to know that I won't be the only one!!
Original post by c_rebeca

Are you in year 10?
Reply 4
Original post by invisiblegirl16
Are you in year 10?

No, year 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending