The Student Room Group

gcse english lit messed up

I wrote my essay on the second choice of the ocr english lit gcse, the Question was about shocking violence in of mice and men

I had three paragraphs , my second two were really good i felt but my first paragraph was sort of irrelevant i was talking about how Lennie was reliant on George and stuff like that and then realised and so tried to link it at the end saying their friendship made the murder more shocking.

In my controlled assesments i have got A's and my a few from the bridge one went well but can i still get an A even tho i messed up that bit in of mice and men????
which exam board, this will help as in the wjec english lit, it was either about candy or treatment on the ranch
Reply 2
Original post by zainpatel26
which exam board, this will help as in the wjec english lit, it was either about candy or treatment on the ranch

OCR?
Reply 3
Original post by zainpatel26

THE question was how does Steinbeck make violence so shocking on the ranch?
Reply 4
Original post by hheywood99
I wrote my essay on the second choice of the ocr english lit gcse, the Question was about shocking violence in of mice and men

I had three paragraphs , my second two were really good i felt but my first paragraph was sort of irrelevant i was talking about how Lennie was reliant on George and stuff like that and then realised and so tried to link it at the end saying their friendship made the murder more shocking.

In my controlled assesments i have got A's and my a few from the bridge one went well but can i still get an A even tho i messed up that bit in of mice and men????

I think you will have been fine to link it back to the murder being more shocking because there is still an aspect of violence. Would have been even better if you had linked Lennie relying on George as his way of protecting himself from the violence but I think the mention of the murder at the end saved it! I think you will have done fine!! Good luck with the rest of your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending