The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 (20/05/15) : Grade Boundary Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What are gold c2 papers? Are there any like those for m1, m2 and c3?
found this paper much better than C1, cuz I totally got like 60UMS for that one but looking at about 63-66 out of 75 for this paper, do you reckon that'll be atleast 80UMS
Reply 22
Original post by HeskeyLAD
The gold papers did f*** all for me in this paper. How about you? Didn't even come close to preparing me for this one, that and past papers on top of that.
i used to be crap at trigonometric functions and doing the gold papers is the only reason i can do them now, but i thought the ones in this paper were quite difficult even though they werent worth that many marks! I really struggled with Q8, the trig one and by the time i got to Q9 i was panicking loads bc i knew i was no where near getting an A
I think i got 75/75 marks in this paper although I can acknowledge this paper was slightly harder than usual, questions like the geometric series questions and the trig questions (0<=x<360) were designed to catch people out, personally I was hoping it would be a difficult paper since the boundaries are often lower
Reply 24
Original post by AG98

You know you can get bronze, silver and gold papers containing easy, medium or hard questions from past papers ? Gold papers are the harder ones
Reply 25
Original post by AG98

www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c2-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/
Original post by AG98

Here are the M1 gold ones, there are also silver and bronze ones too
I personally find it quite a good paper. Great for next year's practice, bad for this year's candidates lol......I did quite well in that tho
Original post by A_Great_Name
I personally find it quite a good paper. Great for next year's practice, bad for this year's candidates lol......I did quite well in that tho

Yeah .. I didn't do too bad .. but I didn't do as good as I'd hoped compared to C1 which I personally found as the easiest paper. I'm still kicking myself on the STUPID mistakes I made in the C2 ... which could've guaranteed myself an A .... Now I'm stuck on the borderline of an A and a B.
In other words ... I am disappointed in myself .. but happy for you! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by LearningGeek
found this paper much better than C1, cuz I totally got like 60UMS for that one but looking at about 63-66 out of 75 for this paper, do you reckon that'll be atleast 80UMS

Glad to see you did well! I think I got around 56/75 for this one...honestly feel like I need 100 UMS in S1 now, bring it on.
Grade boundaries will be like last year's paper I think, maybe a decrease of 1 mark for an A
Original post by AJC1997
Glad to see you did well! I think I got around 56/75 for this one...honestly feel like I need 100 UMS in S1 now, bring it on.

haha, thanks. you think you need 100UMS, i deffo need 100UMS and even that will only get me a low A
hope you did well too :smile:
what do you think 42 is
Original post by saleh ahmed
what do you think 42 is

sorry but a D .... if you're lucky then a C but I doubt that ....
However, you never know.
Original post by TheMathsMan
However, you never know.

What would a c be
Reply 35
52 Marks for an A please!! EVERYONE IN UK DID THE INTERNATIONAL PAPER!! THE PAPERS WERE LEAKED (THE UK ONES, last week) WITHOUT TELLING US WE DID THE 'R' PAPER!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMathsMan
However, you never know.

45/46
Reply 37
I think I got about 57/75 for C1 and 54/75 for C2. Really annoyed as I have been getting grades no lower than 65 throughout the year. Do you think it is still possible to get an A? What about a B? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaranSR
52 Marks for an A please!! EVERYONE IN UK DID THE INTERNATIONAL PAPER!! THE PAPERS WERE LEAKED (THE UK ONES, last week) WITHOUT TELLING US WE DID THE 'R' PAPER!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think we did
Original post by AJC1997

what do you think you got in c1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending