A day in the Life of a Ravensbourne Animation Student

Watch this thread
Ravensbourne
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
In animation, we get a chance to cover a wide variety of disciplines as animation itself is such a broad subject and therefore hard to define as one particular thing. With positions ranging from concept art to modelling and animation to visual effects the work flow and pipeline has many creative aspects that need to be filled. Currently I'm creating a game for my FMP (Final major project) with Concept art for the game (my chosen discipline) included in the images you see below, also character and environment models for projects we had earlier in the year.

Hope you like it!
Let me know what you think!
Rome<3
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Nice concept. I love the character design too. Do you have any personality and individuality concepts for the guy? or were you just supposed to create the design?
Also what are the class hours for an animation student?
Ravensbourne
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Rome<3)
Nice concept. I love the character design too. Do you have any personality and individuality concepts for the guy? or were you just supposed to create the design?
Also what are the class hours for an animation student?
Hey there Rome <3

For animation students or any students in Ravensbourne it depends on their units on when they come in uni for their lectures but normally they come here 3-4 time a week.

In their units they can be either based on a specific theme that was set as their projects by their tutors or even clients.

Hope this helps,
Ahlia
Ravensbourne
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
HEY GUYS!

Here are some top 5 tips of what an Animation Student may need:

1. Laptop! Of Course.

2. A graphic's Tablet. It's useful, it makes it easier to draw than a mouse.

3. Sketch Book! You will need this to draw out your Story boards

4. Pens

5. A mouse! In case you forgot the tablet.

Well that’s all of them. Hope this was useful!

Let us know what other equipment you think we may need!
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads