nishofficial
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, this is a thread for predicting and giving a model answer for potential five markers for tomorrows exam. I haven't ever seen asthma come up as a five marker out of all the lung diseases. What do you guys think?
zoe.imogen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not sure, possibly! I think vaccination and immunity will be a big question!
Matildas09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could be on advantages/disadvantages of SEM microscope?? only TEM has ever come up
thatgr
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In papers I've done other than biol so far aqa have been reusing past questions so I'm not so sure it will be on something completely new
Scitty
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've seen a few immunity questions (phagocytosis, vaccines), cardiac cycle, how a specific circulatory disease can lead to death, comparing types of microscopes, and a few on types of transport (not sure if that's unit 2 though, mind is a little hazy), and ORS.

Teacher's been having us practice questions on TB and cholera as well, seems to think that'll be something that might come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cute.kool
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Scitty)
I've seen a few immunity questions (phagocytosis, vaccines), cardiac cycle, how a specific circulatory disease can lead to death, comparing types of microscopes, and a few on types of transport (not sure if that's unit 2 though, mind is a little hazy), and ORS.

Teacher's been having us practice questions on TB and cholera as well, seems to think that'll be something that might come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What 5 marker came up?
Scitty
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cute.kool)
What 5 marker came up?
Christ this is an old thread

It ended up being: "Describe and explain how cell fractionation and ultracentrifugation can be used to isolate mitochondria from a suspension of animal cells."

And: "Describe the principles and the limitations of using a transmission electron microscope to investigate cell structure."

The former was a bit of a curve ball, IIRC, but the latter was no biggie.
Cute.kool
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

It ended up being: "Describe and explain how cell fractionation and ultracentrifugation can be used to isolate mitochondria from a suspension of animal cells."

And: "Describe the principles and the limitations of using a transmission electron microscope to investigate cell structure."

Thanks. Um would u happen to kno if there was any sphere question ??
Scitty
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cute.kool)
Thanks. Um would u happen to kno if there was any sphere question ??
Sphere question???

You can check the paper over yourself: it's listed on AQA's legacy Biology section under BIOL 1 June 2015.
shira malkin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

which paper was that on?
Scitty
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shira malkin)
which paper was that on?
Please read the thread before commenting, it'd save us both time.

I already stated above that it was the June 2015 AQA Biology Unit 1 paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (102)
48.57%
Take exams next summer (31)
14.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (52)
24.76%
Apply to uni next year instead (19)
9.05%
I'm not applying to university (6)
2.86%

Watched Threads