AQA AS Sociology unit 2 HEALTH AND RESEARCH METHODS

Watch
helena_rachel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey Anyone doing the AS sociology unit 2 health and research questions have any predictions on what might come up tomorrow? I'm so scared!!
Amy-uk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have no clue loads of people seem to be doing education I just know how bad I am going to do it's basically been self taught 😁
helena_rachel
Rep:
?
I know me too! I'm clueless.. can always retake I guess haha!
chescaxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello! I'm retaking the module from last year. My teacher says that mental illness, disability and the power of medical profession may come up. Also to look over social groups (class, gender, ethnicity, age) in relation to both inequalities to health but also provision to health care.

For research methods theres not a lot predicted - apparently questionnaires?
helena_rachel
Rep:
?
Oh brilliant! Thank you so much, they would be good to come up! That's so helpful, thanks again
Francesca98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I'm really worried too! Scared something will come up that I can answer well enough! I hope inqualities in health comes up but I expect it won't
chescaxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Francesca98)
Hi! I'm really worried too! Scared something will come up that I can answer well enough! I hope inqualities in health comes up but I expect it won't
What does everyone feel they struggle on? As im retaking i have the extra bonus year so i feel fairly alright with the exam. We can discuss things on here if you like?
helena_rachel
Rep:
?
That would be amazing! Would you be able to explain anything about views on the bourgeoisie and proletariat?
chescaxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by helena_rachel)
That would be amazing! Would you be able to explain anything about views on the bourgeoisie and proletariat?
Do you mean in relation to health inequalities or in general?

In relation to health inequalities the lower classes (proletariat) experience poorer health than the higher classes (bourgeoisie) - why:

> structural / material apprach - due to the inequalities in society lower classes experience poor health e.g poor pay, long working hours, risky jobs = poor diet, less time to exercise etc. LINK TO MARXISM

> cultural / behavioural apprach - due to their cultural and lifestyles they have poor health (basically their own fault) e.g. working class more likely to go to the pub and smoke etc. LINK TO NEW RIGHT

> social selection - health determines social class. e.g. Illsley said fitter do better in jobs. No body wants to promote or hire people who can only work part time due to an illness (despite it being illegal lol) or whod call up sick loads. however arguably - due to material deprivation working class are more likely to have poor health so just endless cycle

Studies: Engels study of factory workers, Marmot review, Black Report etc.
helena_rachel
Rep:
?
OMG thank you so much!!!!!! That's incredible, why couldn't the teachers give us that?! Good luck for your retake, I'm sure you'll smash it with knowledge like that! xoxoxo
chescaxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OMG thank you so much!!!!!! That's incredible, why couldn't the teachers give us that?! Good luck for your retake, I'm sure you'll smash it with knowledge like that! xoxoxo
Thats okay! Whats your teacher taught you then? Thank you and good luck to everyone!
keitonguymer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey Anyone doing the AS sociology unit 2 health and research questions have any predictions on what might come up tomorrow? I'm so scared!!
just heard from an inside source, that the predictions are: one essay on interviews; medical profession and how two of the following affect health: class, gender, age, ethnicity
chescaxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by keitonguymer)
just heard from an inside source, that the predictions are: one essay on interviews; medical profession and how two of the following affect health: class, gender, age, ethnicity
What inside source is this? Ive been told aboit social groups amd power of medical professions
jakepro94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chescaxx)
What inside source is this? Ive been told aboit social groups amd power of medical professions
Both those questions were asked in 2014 and 2013. Unlikely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (50)
37.31%
No (70)
52.24%
I don't know (14)
10.45%

Watched Threads