The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Physics GCSE

How did everyone find it? This years one was pretty easy :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
P1 2 3 exaam
I think it was awful. Biology and chemistry were easy.
It certainly wasn't easy!!!!
I agree
Reply 5
much harder than chemistry and biology.
What are everyone's thoughts on the first 6 marker? (Question 1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was difficult, but I predict they'll make the grade boundaries lower..
Original post by eloisa_braith
What are everyone's thoughts on the first 6 marker? (Question 1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

drew the diagram, explained formation, but a 6 MARKER for the first question, wow.
Tough stuff, questions were too wordy I thought.
Yeah the questions were worded really badly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
What percentage did people get for the hydroelectric dam in China?
Reply 12
I got 0.7% I think.
^same.
What did people get for the kettle question? I decided it wasn't worth the time for just 1 mark as i was pressed for time so guessed 4 minutes. Everyone i asked guessed so i'm not sure what it was...
what did yous get for the solar panel question?
Solar panel: around 5.6MW so not enough energy

Kettle: 7 minutes. Had to be, because the kettle was 170 watts, so 0.17kW. 0.17kW x 420 seconds (7 minutes) approximately equals 70, which was the amount of kilojoules needed to boil the water.

Dam: 0.7
Original post by Marco Pollo
^same.
What did people get for the kettle question? I decided it wasn't worth the time for just 1 mark as i was pressed for time so guessed 4 minutes. Everyone i asked guessed so i'm not sure what it was...

I got 7 mins :/
Reply 17
What did people get for the last question about the difference in amount of coal used in power stations or something? I got a relatively high number, something like 108000kg or something like that, give or take a zero and some significant figures, not sure if that was correct :/
(edited 8 years ago)
I got like 10.8m I think (wasn't really sure) . I got 5.6MW for the solar panel question but then thought it wasn't right so I guess I've already dropped marks there, then again I'm pretty sure I flopped the 1st question.
Guys i stopped on the wind farm Scotland question. What question was that and how many question did i miss?

Quick Reply

Latest