The Student Room Group

ICT Exam OCR 'Best of Wood'

Hey guys,

I wanted to make this thread to ask you guys how to revise for the ICT exam and if you have any useful revision websites/videos/tips/notes etc.

My school haven't helped us for the exam because they only done coursework with us and literally gave us the scenario and told us to revise for the exam ourselves.

-HasannKhann
Reply 1
have you got the exam on friday ?
Reply 2
I'm revising now and mainly focusing on section B
Reply 3
Ive got my exam too. How have you guys answered task 1 bulletpoint 2, about the personnel?
Reply 4
Original post by Guèpard
I'm revising now and mainly focusing on section B
Yeah the exam for Friday, how are you revising?
Reply 5
Original post by Mo__
Ive got my exam too. How have you guys answered task 1 bulletpoint 2, about the personnel?
Yeah I just scanned through all the jobs made a list then next to that put the details. In the scenario most of the role descriptions are stated, the others can be implied from analysing what their role would normally do and implement it into BoW.
Reply 6
Original post by HasannKhann

I have made brief notes on all sections and I'm just about to go through the past papers now because I have done a couple of mocks in school and I was told that they tend to repeat questions.
Reply 7
Yeah I just scanned through all the jobs made a list then next to that put the details. In the scenario most of the role descriptions are stated, the others can be implied from analysing what their role would normally do and implement it into BoW.

What grade are your coursework units on?
Reply 8

Wbu, how are you revising?
Reply 9
Im so nervous about this exam because my teacher told us that most people fail!
Original post by Mo__
What grade are your coursework units on?
Our teachers arnt telling us yet... :/
Original post by Guèpard
Im so nervous about this exam because my teacher told us that most people fail!
Our teacher explained the exam on Monday!!! :'(

And I've had my Econ and Maths exam so havent had time to focus on it because I've been revising for those. And I had an exam today so I'm only starting now and I have nothing no sort of revision material. :|
Our teacher explained the exam on Monday!!! :'(

And I've had my Econ and Maths exam so havent had time to focus on it because I've been revising for those. And I had an exam today so I'm only starting now and I have nothing no sort of revision material. :|

Oh my god, same i had a maths exam today too so im just starting the revision now lol
Original post by Guèpard
Oh my god, same i had a maths exam today too so im just starting the revision now lol
Are your notes from your teacher or did you make them?
Are your notes from your teacher or did you make them?

Well, basically we have like one lesson a week for theory where my teacher goes through a powerpoint. I found it so tedious, I never made notes till easter! She emailed us the lesson but I found it useless because of the lack of information. So i just searched up the spec myself and made brief notes on what I needed to know.
Original post by Guèpard
Well, basically we have like one lesson a week for theory where my teacher goes through a powerpoint. I found it so tedious, I never made notes till easter! She emailed us the lesson but I found it useless because of the lack of information. So i just searched up the spec myself and made brief notes on what I needed to know.
The exam seems so easy yet so many people flop for some reason which is why I'm worried. Let me know if you come across any useful websites/vids etc. along your journey.
The exam seems so easy yet so many people flop for some reason which is why I'm worried. Let me know if you come across any useful websites/vids etc. along your journey.

Yeah same because the mock in school was actually okay yet there were lots of people from A2 redoing. Apparently the mark schemes are quite harsh and very precise.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/69038-specification.pdf
Heres the link for the spec, you just have to scroll down for unit 3. Its starts from page 21 I think, check it out!
hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest