The Student Room Group

Gcse history a (schools history project)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tommy1499
An A but I highly doubt I will achieve it, I have science and maths exams after half term which are the more important exams as I need these subjects for A level to carry on with them ( maths, physics, chemistry, economics) I don't think I have the time or effort to invest in learning so much information within the history coarse as the work load is just insanely high .im hoping for a B at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand where you are coming from I'm currently in year 10 so I have less exams so I might be able to achieve an A/A* but it is still going to be hard. How are you revising for history at the moment?
Original post by Danny129
I understand where you are coming from I'm currently in year 10 so I have less exams so I might be able to achieve an A/A* but it is still going to be hard. How are you revising for history at the moment?

starting in the half term for it, I'm on a B at the minute and think I can get an A if I work properly for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Tommy1499
starting in the half term for it, I'm on a B at the minute and think I can get an A if I work properly for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam is the first day back I think?

Im in year 10 too, just wondering do you get to pick a new sunject to study nexr year instead of history or not?? Also I will upload the rest of my revision resources on here tomorow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by yellowgiraffe28
Im in year 10 too, just wondering do you get to pick a new sunject to study nexr year instead of history or not?? Also I will upload the rest of my revision resources on here tomorow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, we pick two subjects for year 10 and two for year 11. In year 10 I also had to do technology as it was compulsory.
The disease and surgery timelines and a key individual card template:1432382459849.jpg
1432382480488.jpg
1432382513186.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nazi Germany timeline and golden years sheet (filled in sorry) :smile:
1432382590297.jpg
1432382617801.jpg
Posted from TSR Mobile
Weimar republic sheet and questions on Nazi Germany (filled I again but you can still use the questions)!
1432382682925.jpg
1432382699149.jpg
1432382711319.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Public health revision guide pages as it is likely to be the source section this year.
1432382799015.jpg
1432382810507.jpg
1432382821374.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Women in Nazi Germany and antisemitism revision guide pages. Would anyone lime revision guide pages of any other topics?? :smile:
1432382874737.jpg
1432382885625.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
so anyone have any accurate predictions for what's coming up, please really need it as I need to focus time for science +maths as I'm taking these at A level

Posted from TSR Mobile
How's peoples revision going? Any tips?
I'm doing Medicine Through Time with Germany, c. 1919–1945 Depth Study
Paper 1 1st June
Paper 2 10th June

Horribly. I can't revise for some weird reason and with study leave starting, I don't have anyone forcing me to do it :frown:.

Flashcards and bulletpoints worked for me last year in History so I might stick with that though.

Medicine through time with Germany? What exam board are you in?
Reply 32
Original post by Firenze26
Horribly. I can't revise for some weird reason and with study leave starting, I don't have anyone forcing me to do it :frown:.

Flashcards and bulletpoints worked for me last year in History so I might stick with that though.

Medicine through time with Germany? What exam board are you in?

OCR
OCR

Woah, that is some curriculum. It sounds pretty awesome though.. and I mean that in the least nerdiest way possible.

Good luck with your revision :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Firenze26
Woah, that is some curriculum. It sounds pretty awesome though.. and I mean that in the least nerdiest way possible.

Good luck with your revision :smile:

Haha thanks
Original post by manningA15
I also am doing medicine. Anyone doing american west? :smile:

i am
Reply 36
I'm doing the same topics and exams as you, really worried to be fair. History is my worst subject.
Reply 37
Original post by lauzy00
I'm doing the same topics and exams as you, really worried to be fair. History is my worst subject.

I'm quite worried too :s-smilie:
Reply 38
What are the timings for each question on the Study in Development paper?
Reply 39
Original post by allxcey
What are the timings for each question on the Study in Development paper?

I don't know for each question but I think it's 55 min for Development and 65 min for Depth Study because Depth is worth slightly more this year.

Quick Reply

Latest