The Student Room Group

Gcse history a (schools history project)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any tips for the source paper/source Qs in general? Sometimes I struggle to interpret the source or pick out specific information from it
does anyone have a good religion tool for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Let me get this straight.
For the option questions for 1A medicine (4/5 and 6/7), it will be a choice between Roman-renaissance and 1750+ right?
If I am somewhat correct, will learning only one of those time periods in detail suffice for the longer questions?
Original post by Skyliee
Let me get this straight.
For the option questions for 1A medicine (4/5 and 6/7), it will be a choice between Roman-renaissance and 1750+ right?
If I am somewhat correct, will learning only one of those time periods in detail suffice for the longer questions?

how do you know it's going to be these 3 topics and do you have any predictions for Germany

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Could you also share these with me please? I am finding it so difficult to study for history as the entire 2 years we have been swapping between teachers
Reply 45
Original post by Tommy1499
how do you know it's going to be these 3 topics and do you have any predictions for Germany

Posted from TSR Mobile

From the mocks I've done, they can only possibly test us on these :3
And i doubt they'll test us on 2 questions of the same time period
Reply 46
Hey guys hope your revision is going well :smile: Reply with how you feel about your exam preparation at the moment and what grade your predicted?
Original post by Danny129
Hey guys hope your revision is going well :smile: Reply with how you feel about your exam preparation at the moment and what grade your predicted?

I think my exam preparation is alright (hopefully) I went into school today to revise knowledge and exam technique which was helpful. My teachers said that for medicine there could be a question comparing Germ theory and DNA so Im going to go over these.y predicted grade is A/A*. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing Crime and Punishment and/or Elizabethan England?
Reply 49
Original post by yellowgiraffe28
I think my exam preparation is alright (hopefully) I went into school today to revise knowledge and exam technique which was helpful. My teachers said that for medicine there could be a question comparing Germ theory and DNA so Im going to go over these.y predicted grade is A/A*. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Germ Theory and DNA?! Please could you tell me about that I've never looked at comparing them? How did your teacher know? And my predicted is also A/A*:colondollar:
Germ Theory and DNA?! Please could you tell me about that I've never looked at comparing them? How did your teacher know? And my predicted is also A/A*:colondollar:

My teacher studied the past papers and thinks it could come up but not definitely sure. Germ theory was discovered by Louis Pasteur in 1861 (as I'm sure you know). He was employed by the beer industry to discover why beer turned sour. He put beer in a normal flask and a swan neck flask (closed over) to see which one would turn sour and the normal flask did because it had access to the air. (Sorry if you already yknew that). DNA was discovered by Crick and Watson using x-ray technology developed by Rosalind Franklin. It allowed scientists to gain knowledge on hwrisatary disease but not how to cure them. If that question came up you would have to compare the impact of each discovery and which one had the greatest impact. Good luck, I hope you get your predicted grade! :smile:
ok so I don't have the new past paper. what mark questions come up. is it still three 5 mark source questions and then a 5,7,8 mark question where does the 16 marker come into the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
My teacher studied the past papers and thinks it could come up but not definitely sure. Germ theory was discovered by Louis Pasteur in 1861 (as I'm sure you know). He was employed by the beer industry to discover why beer turned sour. He put beer in a normal flask and a swan neck flask (closed over) to see which one would turn sour and the normal flask did because it had access to the air. (Sorry if you already yknew that). DNA was discovered by Crick and Watson using x-ray technology developed by Rosalind Franklin. It allowed scientists to gain knowledge on hwrisatary disease but not how to cure them. If that question came up you would have to compare the impact of each discovery and which one had the greatest impact. Good luck, I hope you get your predicted grade! :smile:

Thanks so much
Does anyone know how each answer to the questions should be structured?
Thanks so much

No problem, good luck! I just hope this question does come up now as I have pracrised it a lot! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pilate VII
Does anyone know how each answer to the questions should be structured?

1a) 4 marker - Should be like one maybe two paragraphs using what the source shows and own knowledge using key words.

1b) 6 marker - 3/4 developed comparisons between the two sources and summary of how they are different at the end.

1c) 8 marker - the why are they different question. I pick 2 from time, author and place (TAP) and use them as factors to explain why the sources are different then conclude as to which one is the biggest reason why they are different.

1d) 12 marker - 3/4 factors (3/4 paragraphs) and use sources and own knowledge. Explain how each factor affects medicine over time. Conclusion: discuss the importance of all three factors then say however I think...is more important because...

2a/3a/4a/5a) Should be around two paragraphs to answer the question (if it is key individuals use background information too).

2b/3b/4b/5b) A paragraph on each thing evaluate the impact and include positives and negatives then conclude as to which one was most important.

Sorry for the really long answer, hope it helped! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1a) 4 marker - Should be like one maybe two paragraphs using what the source shows and own knowledge using key words.

1b) 6 marker - 3/4 developed comparisons between the two sources and summary of how they are different at the end.

1c) 8 marker - the why are they different question. I pick 2 from time, author and place (TAP) and use them as factors to explain why the sources are different then conclude as to which one is the biggest reason why they are different.

1d) 12 marker - 3/4 factors (3/4 paragraphs) and use sources and own knowledge. Explain how each factor affects medicine over time. Conclusion: discuss the importance of all three factors then say however I think...is more important because...

2a/3a/4a/5a) Should be around two paragraphs to answer the question (if it is key individuals use background information too).

2b/3b/4b/5b) A paragraph on each thing evaluate the impact and include positives and negatives then conclude as to which one was most important.

Sorry for the really long answer, hope it helped! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

is there not a 16 markers that compares something? OCR right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
are there any important people from the Middle Ages you need to know. besides things like religion and the king having healing powers

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there not a 16 markers that compares something? OCR right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk I'm doing aqa and it only goes up to 12 marks. Sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
are there any important people from the Middle Ages you need to know. besides things like religion and the king having healing powers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you need to know all about Islamic Medicine Al-Rahzes and Avicenna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending