The Student Room Group

English Lit WJEC

Is anybody doing 'About a boy' and 'An inspector calls' on Friday??

Do you have any notes on the characters??
Reply 1
I'm doing an inspector calls! I have notes on the characters but too many to write them all down, my teacher thinks the question might be about Sheila or Mrs Birling or a themes question. How are you revising, just learning quotes?
Reply 2
Original post by libertyd
Is anybody doing 'About a boy' and 'An inspector calls' on Friday??

Do you have any notes on the characters??

I'm doing both! I don't have any notes currently, I find re-reading the book and making a long list of key quotes just before the exam is helpful:smile: I did that for Of Mice and Men on Monday and it really helped:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Roma_
I'm doing an inspector calls! I have notes on the characters but too many to write them all down, my teacher thinks the question might be about Sheila or Mrs Birling or a themes question. How are you revising, just learning quotes?

yeah learning quotes and the themes, I'm basically just doing PEEEEC and I think that helps :smile:
Reply 4
yeah learning quotes and the themes, I'm basically just doing PEEEEC and I think that helps :smile:

What is PEEEEC???? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Mcfly44
I'm doing both! I don't have any notes currently, I find re-reading the book and making a long list of key quotes just before the exam is helpful:smile: I did that for Of Mice and Men on Monday and it really helped:smile:

I'm re reading about a boy and I might watch the film tomorrow to help me remember quotes. I think I'll do that for An inspector calls too!! I'm really hoping fir a question on why is it still a popular book!! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Roma_

Pretty much yeah:smile: And then I'll go through the characters and themes and see what quotes fit with each one and very roughly plan points for an answer.
Reply 7
Original post by Roma_
What is PEEEEC???? :smile:

point evidence explain evidence explain conclusion :smile:
Reply 8
I'm re reading about a boy and I might watch the film tomorrow to help me remember quotes. I think I'll do that for An inspector calls too!! I'm really hoping fir a question on why is it still a popular book!! :smile:

Good idea to watch the film! Not a huge fan of Hugh Grant though:tongue: I'd like to re-read About a Boy as well but it's a lot considering the exam is on Friday!:frown:
Is anyone doing blood brothers and Lord of the flies???
Reply 10
Original post by Mcfly44
Pretty much yeah:smile: And then I'll go through the characters and themes and see what quotes fit with each one and very roughly plan points for an answer.

Okay great, me too - good luck! I'm really nervous!!
Reply 11
point evidence explain evidence explain conclusion :smile:

Ahhh right that makes sense and also sounds like great idea! Good luck!
Reply 12
Original post by Roma_
Ahhh right that makes sense and also sounds like great idea! Good luck!

thank you!! Good luck to you too:smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Roma_
Okay great, me too - good luck! I'm really nervous!!

Thanks! You too!!:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending